VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. NOticed Pioneer Web site is offering this rebate on 310 and 510 from Feb 1 to March 31, 04.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I was bumping around the site today and couldn't find details of this promotion. I even put "rebate" into their search engine and all I got was the $50 Tivo/Recorder rebate. Could you provide a link? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by sullen
    I was bumping around the site today and couldn't find details of this promotion. I even put "rebate" into their search engine and all I got was the $50 Tivo/Recorder rebate. Could you provide a link? Thanks.
    Actually, it is hard to find. Here is the link. If you go to players/burners, then to 310 software update, then promotions(consumer promotions) ( at top of page), you should get there. Let me know.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/promotion/detail/0,,2076_4355_48898577,00.html
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by sullen
    That last link does not work. I'll try this again.
    http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/promotion/detail/0,,2076_4355_48898577,00.html
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by sullen
    What the hell is going on here. That was not the link I pasted. Try by hand

pioneerelectronics.com/pna/promotion/detail/0,,2076_4355_48898577,00.html
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This link is working

Purchase an eligible PioneerĀ® or PioneerĀ® Elite DVD Recorder and be eligible to receive a $100 Rebate

Purchase a Pioneer Elite DVR-57H or Pioneer DVR-810H-S, DVR-510H-S or DVR-310-S and receive a $100 Rebate.

Purchase a new eligible Pioneer or Pioneer Elite product from an Authorized Pioneer or Pioneer Elite Dealer between February 1, 2004, through March 31, 2004 and receive a rebate direct from Pioneer. Coupons must be received at specified address by April 30, 2004, to be eligible for rebate.

Click here to download coupon.

Please mail completed coupon including serial number and copy of sales receipt for eligible Pioneer or Pioneer Elite product to the address below:

Pioneer Spring 2004 DVD Recorder Rebate
    C/O Sound Ideas & Co.
    P. O. Box 32670
    Phoenix, AZ 85064-2670

Eligible Models: DVR-310-S, DVR-510H-S, DVR-57H, DVR-810H-S
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the link! I wonder how long it will be before they actually put the coupon up for download. I would like to see some of the restrictions or guidelines regarding "sales receipt". Generally Buy It Nows on Ebay that are new, unopened go for around $289, if you could use the rebate on one of those...$189. That would be a hell of a deal. Even if you bought from an online retailer at around $350 you are still doing good if you actually get the rebate at $250. I have been thinking about one of these models, just got a new job, and sent off the taxes last week. Looks like late Christmas shopping soon! Again, thanks for the link.

EDIT: Was able to find the link under "Promotions". If you look at the page with the link on it, it states that the promotion starts on Jan. 1, 2005 and ends March 31st, 2004 as opposed to the February 1st, 2004 on the actual page. These Pioneer folks need a new website designer or a better proof reader.
    Quote Quote  
  8. The key is you have to purchase it from an authorized pioneer dealer. If you do not you will not receive the rebate. Also if it is not purchased from an authorized dealer pioneer will not warranty the product. I work for an authorized pioneer elite dealer and our pioneer rep was in today discussing this exact topic and what was said above was from her. So dont be dissapointed if you do not get the rebate if purchased online or from ebay....just my 2 cents.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by sullen
    Thanks for the link! I wonder how long it will be before they actually put the coupon up for download. I would like to see some of the restrictions or guidelines regarding "sales receipt". Generally Buy It Nows on Ebay that are new, unopened go for around $289, if you could use the rebate on one of those...$189. That would be a hell of a deal. Even if you bought from an online retailer at around $350 you are still doing good if you actually get the rebate at $250. I have been thinking about one of these models, just got a new job, and sent off the taxes last week. Looks like late Christmas shopping soon! Again, thanks for the link.

EDIT: Was able to find the link under "Promotions". If you look at the page with the link on it, it states that the promotion starts on Jan. 1, 2005 and ends March 31st, 2004 as opposed to the February 1st, 2004 on the actual page. These Pioneer folks need a new website designer or a better proof reader.

I noticed that as well. I wonder if it actually starts on Jan 1 instead of Feb. 1. I bought one of the dam things on Jan 10
    Quote Quote  
  10. unfortunately not, starts feb 1. IF you have a good relationship with the dealer you bought it from you may be able to kinda trick the system of pioneer. Here is an example of what you could do, i am not telling you this, its just a scenario.....see if the store will let you return it and then on a different receipt buy it back after feb 1
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well that dampens my spirit a little. There is one authorized brick and mortar within 5 miles of my house, which is good. The problem with an authorized dealer is that WalMart, Best Buy, Circuit City, and Sears are all authorized internet dealers, but none of them carry any of the $100 rebated models. Best Buy carries the $50 rebated Tivo recorder, but even with $50 that is out of my range and somewhat impractical. That leaves Crutchfield at $499 and the other authorized internet dealer, OneCall.com is $389. I have never even heard of them. I guess I will call the local store for a price and then check out the coupon when you can download it. I also noticed that I had mentioned the wrong Ebay price as well. The 210 is selling $289 Buy It Now while the 310 is selling at $389 Buy It Now. So Ebay really isn't any cheaper.

I just get annoyed with the limited selection of Pioneer products at major retail outlets like Best Buy and this pushing of the Tivo/DVD recorder at $999 is going to hurt Pioneer because I think that the 310 is a good machine as well as the 510, but don't really understand why they can't be found at more retail outlets. Is this Pioneer or Best Buy? Anyway, I enjoy my Pioneer DVD player, a C302D, which has every connection except for DVI and I have had it for years. Plays everything but mini DVD...but now I digress.
    Quote Quote  
  12. It is basically a program that pioneer has set up for dealers. Different level of pioneer dealers are obligated to carry certain products. More specialized dealers have the higher models therefore making them specialized dealers. Also if a pioneer dealer is caught selling pioneer over the internet at discounted prices and pioneer finds out they will definitely pull the line. It is all set up for price protection and unfortunately makes it hard to find a really good deal on these products. I guess what you have to consider is can you find it cheaper online without the rebate and no warranty or for the extra money get it at a dealer. I am in no way trying to sell you on getting it from your local guy, just stating facts that i have learned.
    Quote Quote  
  13. our prices are the following and you can expect to pay at or near this price from any authorized dealer.
    elite 57 $1499
    810 $999
    510 $799
    310 $499
    right now we are running a sale at 12% the price but that ends at the end of the month. I can check to see if we can sell these at this price after the end of the month. making the prices 879, 703, 439 minus the $100 rebate so you can get them for around 779, 603, 339. If anyone is interested let me know and i can see if any of this can take place without putting our pioneer line in danger. again internet sales are a big no no..
    Quote Quote  
  14. IN Canada, the rebate on 310 is only 50.00. Program goes from Feb 6 to April 30th. Spoke to customer service in ONtario. I'm pis***d. We have to pay a higher price up here and we get a smaller rebate. What's up with that.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There are two things here that I don't understand.

1) If I understand you correctly, unless I buy from an authorized dealer I don't get a warranty? That does not sound right. Every unopened piece of merchandise I have ever bought (electronics wise) has had a warranty no matter where I bought it as long as it was made for that country. So if I were to buy a player from an online retailer such as Amazon.com, which according to the Pioneer website is NOT an authorized dealer, I would have no warranty?
    2) The one dealer I mentioned, OneCall.com, IS an authorized internet dealer according to the Pioneer website and when I checked was selling the unit for $389.99. So what is up with that? That sounds like a discounted price to me considering Crutchfield is selling at retail $499 as well as my local authorized dealer whom I called today. I can see where an authorized dealer who was only authorized to do person-to-person sales would get in trouble for selling on the internet.

I think in the end I am just gonna say to hell with the rebate and buy from an online dealer that sells new and go with the warranty included in the box because there has to be some kind of warranty even when buying from someone who isn't an authorized dealer.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Like i said, i was just stating facts from out pioneer representative. I dont want to start arguments. I would call 1-800-pioneer and ask them if you would have a warranty if you bought it from an unauthorized dealer just to make sure. I am sure some dealers are set up to sell online and they should be ok. Just check to cover yourself incase you would have problems. I have had experience that they state manufactures warranty applies on items purchased from online and when i had a warranty issue i had big problems. So in a nutshell give them a call and see what they say.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I was just trying to make sure I was getting as much info as possible before making a final decision. I think giving them a call is probably the best next step and reviewing the rebate coupon when it is available. Thanks for the info you have already provided, it was helpful in guiding my research so far about the rebate and authorized dealers.
    Quote Quote  
  18. The topic says Pioneer burners but these are Pioneer recorders, they aren't the same, maybe you edit that topic?
    Quote Quote  
  19. Has anybody located the cheapest place to be a 510 from that is authorized?

Are any of the companies on computershopper.com authorized? The 510 comes up around 600 after shipping. With the 100 rebate that would bring it down to 500 = to the panny e80. And from all my research I think the pioneer is a little better than the panny.

If not I am sure you can buy one from a online retailer, then buy one from a local authorized dealer. Return the one to the authorized dealer. Use the reciept from the authorized dealer and be set to go for your rebate.

THanks!
    Quote Quote  
  20. The description say the 510 is a 310 but with the addition of a 80g harddrive, so you are paying over $200 for a 80g HD. Does any one know if you can add a HD to the 310 on your own? For less than $200 I can buy over 200g HD on the net. If I can add a HD on my own to the 310, I would buy right now!
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    you cannot add a hard drive to the 310.
    i have a 210 off of ebay and love it.
    Ecost has a sharp with a harddrive for less than $500 but only has a 90 day warranty, parts and labor
    God Bless
    Quote Quote  
  22. The fact that they are offering rebates is a signal of at least one of the following things:

- New line of products to be introduced
    - New features (eg. speed in this case) of product to be released
    - The technology is becoming common/mature
    - more competition on board

And you can expect huge price cut within 3 months.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by toronto098
    And you can expect huge price cut within 3 months.
    Since original was posted 3 months ago, did your prediction become truth ?
    Quote Quote