VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Why would you use DVD Shrink on a disc made off a DVD recorder?
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  2. I record DVD off the cable on DVD+R/W, with the commercials, I then edit out just the video into a DVD, for related eposide and stuff.

DVD shrink 3.2 can combines video from multiple DVDs, plus folder into one DVD.

If DVR1600 records on DVD+R, all is well. But DVDR1600 records odd format on DVD+R/W. It look like double sessions.

I currently have to copy the video_ts folders to HD, and use TDA to compile.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I do this as well. Shrink is a good, free, simple tool for this, if you don't need menus. No compression involved.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by SingSing
    I just ought one at $79.00 ( after rebate ). It records on DVD+R, and DVD+R/W just fine. Except the DVDshrink can't work with the volume it recorded on DVD+R/W, so I have to copy the Video_ts folder to HD to work on.

Record off my comcast Cable was not that great. But I saw great result from friend's recording ( comcast digital ). I wonder is this a set to set variation, or the digital cable is actually better ?
    I had Comcast digital and downgraded it to standard. The reason is I added a Dish, but wanted to keep local channels for bad weather when the Dish lost reception.

Comcast digital is not comparable to Comcast "standard". Not even close.
    Quote Quote  
  5. One of the big different between DVR1600 vs those ) MOney x 2 = $199.00 ) DVR is "DVR1600 has firewire". For DVcam owner, that is a much have ! Doh...
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by zeldadog
    I bought one of thses recorder's from my local Asda £69.99

It look's great plays OK too

I only have one problem, when I veiw Sky threw the recorder I get ghosting from time to time

I'am using scart's but to me it looks as if it needs fine tuning anybody know if this is possible?

Or does anyone have any idea why it's ghosting?
    The ghosting is probably due to a poorly screened SCART lead. Get a decent heavy duty "all cables screened" lead and the problem should go away. Incidently, I only use Cyberhome DVD players as I find they are very reliable and will play anything - I also like a machine that has it's own hack site on the web! I have no experience of their recorders but would imagine they would be of similar quality to the Liteons and other cheap brands. Obviously a JVC or Pioneer at four times the price will yield better results, but we don't all have money to burn.
    Quote Quote  
  7. You may still be able to find the "hackable" LiteOn 5005 for $99. You can remove region, add 3 hr speed, and remove macrovision. LiteOn makes optical drives (DVD writers) themselves, just added the recorder part to it.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Disabling macrovision remover will be a big plus compare to DVR1600.

I wonder Liteon has a better result recording from TV tuner ?
    Quote Quote  
  9. I purchased a DVR-1600 a month ago and Im happily surprised that it plays DIVX and XVID, it even recognized SRT subtitles.

What royally pisses me is that the Divx subtitles are MAJOR CRAP, they appear in the middle left side of the screen, and have no black outline, so if you have a white image, you dont see them at all.

I know for sure this can be fixed on the firmware level because I have a philips player that suffered of something similar, and after a firmware upgrade it was solved.

My unit have firmware MU1 just in case.

CYBERHOME ARE YOU LISTENING? This is a great recorder/player for its price, but the divx functionality puts it on the not so good category...
    Quote Quote