VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think it's fairly well known. On my version of k-lite there is a fix in the Configuration tab called Codec Tweak Tool which solves the problem.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by indalian
    I think it's fairly well known. On my version of k-lite there is a fix in the Configuration tab called Codec Tweak Tool which solves the problem.
    First you'll have to experience first-hand the issue described in this topic, then keep clicking on that K-Lite link. When ready to burst into tears from NOT solving it, come back and use my solution. Have a (happy) life.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I did have the same problem. It frustrated me too. However I came across this brief discussion:

http://www.click-now.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=3209&pid=10014&st=0&#entry10014

uninstalled k-lite, installed the latest version and clicked on the fix.

Sorry to rain on your parade.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    no problem. I have an umbrella, rubber boots and a sense of humor.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by masster
    no problem. I have an umbrella, rubber boots and a sense of humor.
    All essential tools for a happy life!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    One last minute info.
    After reinstalling Windows XP Pro, I looked for registry keys responsible of Audio Codecs and drivers. And I exported 3 .reg files which I attach in here as a ZIP archive.

Just run them, then go to Control Panel/Sounds and Audio Devices and uncheck/Apply/check/Apply "Place Volume incon in taskbar". You have sound now.
    Cheers.

pack.zip
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

BLESS YOUR SOUL!!! i've had this problem for a while now... some1 from another forum directed me to this thread... i registered just so i could thank you...

thank u so much, u saved me from having to re-install XP or worse... suicide

imma send u a cake or sumthin'.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM

Peace bro.
    P.S. Kelly from http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/top10faqs.htm sent word she'll include my solutiion on her site. Hollywood, here I come!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    One last minute info.
    After reinstalling Windows XP Pro, I looked for registry keys responsible of Audio Codecs and drivers. And I exported 3 .reg files which I attach in here as a ZIP archive.

Just run them, then go to Control Panel/Sounds and Audio Devices and uncheck/Apply/check/Apply "Place Volume incon in taskbar". You have sound now.
    Cheers.

pack.zip
    You're my new friend. This was driving me nuts last night...it was there, then suddenly, the volume icon and the system sounds were completely gone (I could still do the DirectSound tests in dxdiag and they worked, as well using Media Player Classic).
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I will follow the long line of worshippers that you now have. You saved me!! I even heard the first beep telling me the registry key was applied successfully. How did you find this fix?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks a lot Massster! Again a poor chap over here who did the same mistake as u. I just had some problems with webradio and decided to uninstall and reinstall all codecs. Thus destroying the registry.

Spread the magic word!

Karri
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you so much masster,this has been driving me crazy all week,i tried just about everything else i could think of to get windows sounds back up and the pack.zip is the only thing that actually worked,you have made me very happy!
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i lost my "windows sounds" and internet sounds, but still had full sounds with a media player. i installed the pack.zip reg entries and all back to normal thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You really are the Masster! I've been struggling with this for weeks. I've spent countless hours on trying to correct this and nothing was working.....until now Three minutes after finding this post....TADA!! SOUND! Thanks for sharing you're solution. I am starting up a work from home business and this issue was holding me up. You should get a percentage of my wage lol I too registered to this site just to say thank you. So..... THANK YOU!
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Masster, you solved my issue as well. I signed up just to thank you. So......THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    One last minute info.

Cheers.
    You are DA MAN! Thank you very much for finding and sharing the solution to this irritating and vexing problem. I am yet another that joined this site to say thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    First of all, thanks Masster you’re a lifesaver, sound and Fn keys for volume are working perfect as they used to.

Now to .reg file installation. There’s no need to install drivers.desc.reg and RCV2.reg as they might cause problems due to missing codecs, filters and even hardware in your computer. After installing both file mentioned above and restarting the machine my DVD burner could not be initialized reporting that drivers could not be loaded. There were other devices that were also failing but a registry backup I had made earlier brought them back to life.

Now to the Drivers32.reg. The sound scheme & volume icon problem is mainly cause by missing midimapper and wavemapper entries in the registry (in my computer these were missing). Masster’s Driver32.reg file solves the problem but it also adds a few references to codecs that might not be available on your machine and might cause problems for example (from Masster’s .reg file):
    "vidc.cvid"="iccvid.dll"
    "vidc.I420"="msh263.drv"
    "vidc.iv31"="ir32_32.dll"
    "msacm.imaadpcm"="imaadp32.acm"
    "msacm.msadpcm"="msadp32.acm"

I've uploaded a new Drivers32.reg that will add to registry what’s necessary for the sound schemes & volume icon to work without adding unnecessary and probably useless entries to your registry.

Thanks again to Masster for posting the solution.

-Edit
    Could not upload file so I'll post what changes should be done to Masster's Driver32.reg file.(right click & edit)
    The .reg file should look like the following:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32]
    "midimapper"="midimap.dll"
    "wavemapper"="msacm32.drv"
    "wave"="wdmaud.drv"
    "midi"="wdmaud.drv"
    "mixer"="wdmaud.drv"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32\Terminal Server]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32\Terminal Server\RDP]
    "wave"="rdpsnd.dll"
    "mixer"="rdpsnd.dll"
    "MaxBandwidth"=dword:000056b9
    "wavemapper"="msacm32.drv"
    "EnableMP3Codec"=dword:00000001
    "midimapper"="midimap.dll"
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    One last minute info.

Cheers.

pack.zip

You are amazing .. I was having the same problem as you.. down to a key.. I was testing
    it with the simple "sound recorder" that comes with windows.

Anyways after reading all your posts.. With ppl trying to help you but not actually reading your
    first post..must of been annoying, what is amazing . is you came back with a fix .. And I have to thank you for fixing my problem as well.. Not only that you fixed my remote desktop no sound as well.... I had tried everything to get that back before with no luck.

Anyways THANK YOU.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    That's very kind of you , I do need the answer also .
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Masster.. You are the master!!

I have been without system sounds & the ability to hear streamed music for almost 3 years... It all began after using one of those clean your system & make it run better programs. I cant remember which one.
    I tried everything I could find on the net. I try... then give up.. over and over again. Just now stumbled on this thread.. followed your suggestion.. and ran those zip files.. and I cant help but dance! You have made this gals day!
    Thank you!!!
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Bad news, folkz!

I have no system sound, no taskbar volume icon, no sound device... I have tried almost everything, including massters registry hack, but without effect...

In my Control panel/Sounds etc., there are all fields disabled and on top is title: No sound device
    Of course I have sound device, its on-board integrated audio, thus I couldnt remove it. Furthermore, I have the compatible driver, downloaded from the manufacturers site (x-times reinstalled).... And in the drivers properties, there is this note: Driver is allowed, but wasn't executed. I have tried another driver, but the result was the same. I have installed external PCMCIA Sound Card and guess what was the consequence.. Yeah, Driver is allowed, but wasn't executed. It's driving me mad! How can I force my WinXP SP2 to execute that driver?

Please, HELP ME.... Anyone....

P.S. It seems I'm the first one whom massters trick didn't help
    Quote Quote  
  21. Have you tried re-booting your system ?

your computer details are obviously top secret </>
    Corned beef is now made to a higher standard than at any time in history.
    The electronic components of the power part adopted a lot of Rubycons.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What do you mean - rebooting? System is rebooting with every restart of computer. And I have restarted computer everytime I have installed (reinstalled/uninstalled) a new driver. And it was xy times... i have already lost the count. Currently I am trying to find my sound device in bios and disable/enable it. Till now, I didnt find it.

My PC specs:
    HP Compaq nx6110 PY435ES #AKR
    Processor: Intel Celeron M360, 1400 MHz
    RAM: 2x1024 MB DDR SDRAM
    HDD: Hitachi 7200rpm, 100 GB
    Chipset: Intel i910GML/i915GMS
    Graphics: integated
    Sound: integrated
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    MASSTER you truley are.....I also had the same issue after romoving codecs. Thanks this fixed my problem too.......
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey Masster! Sorry for opening up an old wound again but I'm having a very similar problem to yours but having read through the entire post and tried a massive range of possible fixes, I am still having no luck! I'm long past slitting my wrist because I'm even too frustrated to do that now!!

Firstly, my problem is similar to yours in that I can't play system sounds (the little play symbol being greyed out like you were saying) and I can play mp3, wmv, movie files e.t.c. no problem using windows media player or similar player, as could you. I have a further problem (which may be related) that I cannot use the Sound Recorder to record anything. I have a simple basic microphone plugged into the Microphone Jack.....I have selected Microphone in the Recording Properties and checked the volume. I even ran a test on it using DirectX diagnostic tool and everything seems to be working fine! I was using another piece of software for capturing audio for years and that has suddenly stopped working as well with the error message "Recording Device Already In Use" constantly coming up.

Wait till you read of all the things I have tried!!
    1. I have searched for new drivers for my sound card (which is a SigmaTel) but I'm being told I have the most recent driver available.
    2. I uninstalled the driver anyway and reinstalled a new one.
    3. In Sounds And Audio Devices, in the Control Panel, I have selected my sound card as the default (and only) recording and playback device.
    4. I edited my registry using all the tweaks on Kelly's site.
    5. I removed some of the audio codecs so that my list of codecs matched up exactly with the list you posted above. 6. One forum post mentioned a possible conflict with Speech Recognition in MS Word but I don't have that activated at all.

NONE of this as made any difference and I'm on my way out to the car now to head for the nearest cliffs!!! Have you any further ideas?! I'd appreciate any assistance you may be able to offer!
    Regards
    Quote Quote