VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey,

So I'll jump to it.

I'm a sound designer by trade however I have always had a love for music for film.

I would love to compose for your short for free so I can use it in my portfolio. Or If you could send me your films with no music so I can practice my composing to actual film rather that what I make in my head.

Here's a link some of my scores, let me know what you think.

https://soundcloud.com/stephenmusic95/sets/compositions

My instagram is Stephen__music if you want to see the gear I have.

Thanks so much
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hmmm... what about some fan films?

I have a stop-motion short storyboarded, but it will be many months before I finish it. Not even shot anything, aside from some early lighting and test shots.

This would go a long way to solving my audio dilemma. Minimal spoken parts, want to let the music and sound FX drive it.

A project years in the making, will finally do it. My first real foray into making serious video, not just convert/restore/edit.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  3. That sounds awesome. I’d love to do something for stopmotion!

If you want drop me an email to steve@stephenmusic.co.uk

We can chat away and you can give me an insight into what you’d like!

Looking forward to it!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've just listened to your musical scores and think that you are highly talented and will go a long way in your career. Hopefully some budding Indie film enthusiast will notice your talent and collaborate. The World is your Oyster as they say.
    Best Wishes Stephen.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I spend a lot of time putting 'library music' to Royal Navy 8mm cine films that I rescue for other navy lads, free of charge.

You would be more than welcome to choose one, and compose some music.

I would do a re edit and of course give you a big credit on the edit.

I would leave it entirely up to you what genre or style of music you would like to make, and choose any of the clips in my channel.

If you are up for a challenge, here is 7 minutes of an Aircraft Carrier that could use some music.

Again, entirely your choice of composition, and what ever you compose, I will re edit with your music and post it.

I served on this ship for three years, 1976. This is taken from my copy of a super8 mm silent digest.

If you do choose to do something, I will add your name as a music credit, along with any social media you might like me to promote.

My you tube channel is not monetized, and never will be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6LHNqd7UjY&
    Last edited by super8rescue; 25th Jan 2020 at 06:54. Reason: editing
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by azmoth View Post
    I've just listened to your musical scores and think that you are highly talented and will go a long way in your career. Hopefully some budding Indie film enthusiast will notice your talent and collaborate. The World is your Oyster as they say.
    Best Wishes Stephen.
    Thank you so much! That's so kind of you!
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!