Views:	1129
Size:	162.1 KB
ID:	27973
    So What Should I Do Now
    Last edited by arcte; 10th Oct 2014 at 12:44. Reason: updated
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    An "access violation" does not mean that you did anything wrong using it. You are probably using it more or less correctly. But there are reasons why a part of it fails.

In this case, it only tells us that the RemoveGrainSSE2 plugin tried to read from a part of your RAM which does not belong to an AviSynth clip. So probably something miscalculated where to read the content of a video frame, or how much of it.

There are some plugins which have some stricter conditions which attributes a video clip must have that they don't fail. Often they expect you to use a certain color space mode (YV12 is common), or width and height being multiples of at least 4.

Knowing your whole script may be necessary to get a clue which reason may be probable in your case.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by LigH.de View Post
    There are some plugins which have some stricter conditions which attributes a video clip must have that they don't fail. Often they expect you to use a certain color space mode (YV12 is common), or width and height being multiples of at least 4.

Knowing your whole script may be necessary to get a clue which reason may be probable in your case.
    Many filters require image dimensions in multiples of 8 ("mod-8"). RemoveGrain (which is used internally by QTGMC and many other plugins) is definitely one of those filters.

Encoding standards for digital video frame sizes in DVD/BD/AVCHD are, in case no one noticed, mod-8.

I'll echo LigH.de -- we need to see your entire script to say for sure.
    - My sister Ann's brother
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by LMotlow View Post
    Encoding standards for digital video frame sizes in DVD/BD/AVCHD are, in case no one noticed, mod-8.
    Usually even modulo 16 due to the size of DCT macro blocks in YUV 4:2:0 (1080 lines is an exception: many codecs internally use 1088 lines here, repeating or mirroring above content, and just don't return the bottom 8).
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by LMotlow View Post
    Many filters require image dimensions in multiples of 8 ("mod-8"). RemoveGrain (which is used internally by QTGMC and many other plugins) is definitely one of those filters.
    You sure? RemoveGrain seems to happily work with mod2 video for me.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Well, sure, a frame can be mod2 and mod8 at the same time. Talking about processing blocks. Docs for RemoveGrain, FFT3D, mvtools, and whatnot talk about working 8x8 and 16x16 blocks. Not certain that's where the access violation booboo message come from. I get it when I just need to shut down VirtualDub and start over. Happens with 16-bit routines in the dither plugin, too.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I generally get that message when I forget to make the second two numbers to a cropping function negative.

Crop(6,4,4,4) = BAD
    Crop(6,4,-4,-4) = GOOD

NNEDI3_Resize16(1024, 576, 3, 2, 2, 2) = BAD
    NNEDI3_Resize16(1024, 576, 3, 2, -2, -2) = GOOD

Just in case someone else is as dumb as I am.

Other than that, I never managed to get Deen to work after using any of the mt functions on it in the KillTextYellow script. I guess I'll have to try that again.

-Fixed-
    Last edited by ndjamena; 10th Oct 2014 at 12:19. Reason: (Illegal croppings for YV12)
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    If you're working in YUV you can't crop using odd numbers. And there's no way to get a mod2, mod4, or mod8 frame when cropping with odd numbers.

Avisynth's cropping rules are pretty straightforward. Scroll to the table at the bottom of this web page: http://avisynth.nl/index.php/Crop .
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Was that aimed at me? Sorry, I don't actually use the crop function, generally only crop inside a resizer and always crop to keep the aspect ratio (which for PAL is 5:4). While cropping inside a resizer modulus is irrelevant so I can crop however I like, but you're right, I shouldn't have included those cropping numbers inside the crop function, it's just that they're the numbers that are in my head so they're the numbers I used. (the 704 numbers are far too difficult to remember, I have a spreadsheet for them).
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    Oh. A lot of people crop off borders and resize to fill a frame. That's a quality hit, especially at odd enlargement sizes. You get far more rounding errors if you resize by a magnification of 0.02 or 0.2 than you will at something like 2x. On a TV, several pixels of those new edges are hidden by overscan anyway. But sometimes it's something you gotta do.
    Quote Quote  
  11. @ arcte, I'm wondering, are you using Windows 8 ?
    Quote Quote  
  12. So What Should I Do Now
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	dfsd.jpg
Views:	951
Size:	124.7 KB
ID:	27970  

Click image for larger version

Name:	10-10-2014 - Friday 10-59-45 PM.jpg
Views:	879
Size:	162.1 KB
ID:	27971  

Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by _Al_ View Post
    @ arcte, I'm wondering, are you using Windows 8 ?
    Ya Why so wondering ??
    Quote Quote  
  14. Cache error: try putting SetMtMode() at the start of your script.
    Quote Quote  
  15. I encountered that someone else using this filter, using qtgmc had that problem under win8 as well, where under win7 it was ok
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Cache error: try putting SetMtMode() at the start of your script.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	11-10-2014 - Saturday 10-35-36 AM.jpg
Views:	3143
Size:	126.9 KB
ID:	27981

Again Error But Some Change Of Values In Get Child
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by _Al_ View Post
    I encountered that someone else using this filter, using qtgmc had that problem under win8 as well, where under win7 it was ok
    oh
    Can U share Screen Shot of your QTGMC Deinterlacing Working Script Window
    Quote Quote  
  18. not sure if this is going to help:
    Code:
    Import("C:\........\QTGMC 32-bit Plugins\Avisynth 32-bit Plugins\QTGMC-3.32.avsi")                             
    LoadPlugin("C:\.......\QTGMC 32-bit Plugins\Avisynth 32-bit Plugins\mvtools2.dll")                            
    LoadPlugin("C:\.......\QTGMC 32-bit Plugins\Avisynth 32-bit Plugins\RemoveGrainSSE2.dll")                     
    LoadPlugin("C:\.......\QTGMC 32-bit Plugins\Avisynth 32-bit Plugins\RepairSSE2.dll")                          
    LoadPlugin("C:\.......\QTGMC 32-bit Plugins\Avisynth 32-bit Plugins\mt_masktools-25.dll")                     
    LoadPlugin("C:\.......\QTGMC 32-bit Plugins\Avisynth 32-bit Plugins\nnedi3.dll")                              
    LoadPlugin("C:\.......\QTGMC 32-bit Plugins\Avisynth 32-bit Plugins\dfttest.dll")                             
    LoadPlugin("C:\.......\QTGMC 32-bit Plugins\Avisynth 32-bit Plugins\EEDI2.dll")                               
    LoadPlugin("C:\.......\QTGMC 32-bit Plugins\Avisynth 32-bit Plugins\FFT3DFilter.dll")                         
    LoadPlugin("C:\.......\QTGMC 32-bit Plugins\Avisynth 32-bit Plugins\nnedi.dll")                               
    LoadPlugin("C:\.......\QTGMC 32-bit Plugins\Avisynth 32-bit Plugins\nnedi2.dll")                              
    LoadPlugin("C:\.......\QTGMC 32-bit Plugins\Avisynth 32-bit Plugins\SSE2Tools.dll")                           
    LoadPlugin("C:\.......\QTGMC 32-bit Plugins\Avisynth 32-bit Plugins\VerticalCleanerSSE2.dll")                 
    LoadPlugin("C:\.......\QTGMC 32-bit Plugins\Avisynth 32-bit Plugins\AddGrainC.dll")                           
    Load_Stdcall_plugin("C:\.......\QTGMC 32-bit Plugins\Avisynth 32-bit Plugins\yadif.dll")                      
    Avisource("C:\input.avi")                                         
    assumebff()   #because source is DV avi   with lower field first                                                   
    QTGMC(Preset="slower")                                              
    LanczosResize(720,540)
    if you have those dll's and avsi in avisynth plugin folder loading is not needed
    Quote Quote  
  19. The QTGMC very fast preset uses Yadif for de-interlacing, which I think is the reason for the error in post#12. You'd need to also load yadif.dll.
    I think if you're using the portable Avisynth plus which comes with MeGUI you can load it like a standard plugin, but to be safe, load it before QTGMC in the script like this:

Load_Stdcall_plugin("C:\Program Files\MeGUI\tools\avisynth_plugin\yadif.dll")

Do you have Avisynth installed? If you do, you can put all the required plugins in the installed Avisynth plugins folder (not MeGUI's Avisynth plugins folder) and they'll autoload when Avisynth runs. Including QTGMC. If it's got an AVSI enxtension and it's in the avisynth plugins folder, it'll autoload too. The one exception may be Yadif. I'm not sure if you can put it in the Avisynth plugins folder for it to auto-load. You might need to load it manually as above if you're using the QTGMC very fast preset.
    It doesn't matter if MeGUI is using the "installed" Avisynth or it's portable version, plugins in the "installed" Avisynth plugins folder will still autoload when Avisynth runs.

How are you loading the rest of the dlls at the moment? They're appear not to be loaded in your script.

If all the required plugins are in the Avisynth plugins folder, including QTGMC.avsi, you should be able to use QTGMC by adding nothing more than the following to a script:

QTGMC()

Aside from maybe Yadif for the very fast preset, you shouldn't need to manually load plugins in a script.

There's enough versions of removegrain to make it all confusing, although in theory the version in the QTGMC plugins zip file should work. You could try a different one though. Maybe download RemoveGrain v1.0b and try RemoveGrainS.dll instead of RemoveGrainSSE2.dll http://avisynth.nl/index.php/RemoveGrain
    Quote Quote  
  20. Click image for larger version

Name:	11-10-2014 - Saturday 4-03-23 PM.jpg
Views:	848
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	27982

Which Version Should i use :O
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search PM
    I think the way yadif is being loaded might not be something MeGUI can live with. Besides, "Load_Stdcall_plugin" is an obsolete, deprecated loading function. Instead of this:
    Code:
    Load_Stdcall_plugin("C:\.......\QTGMC 32-bit Plugins\Avisynth 32-bit Plugins\yadif.dll")"
    try using the newer load function:
    Code:
    LoadCplugin("C:\.......\QTGMC 32-bit Plugins\Avisynth 32-bit Plugins\yadif.dll")"
    You could also try using Avisynth and VirtualDuib on their own, since you're having to write most of your own avs scripts anyway. Also, consider that QTGMC never uses yadif except in a special repair mode. Since you're not manually setting that special mode in QTGMC, you don't need yadif to begin with.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by arcte View Post
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Cache error: try putting SetMtMode() at the start of your script.
    [Attachment 27981 - Click to enlarge]

Again Error But Some Change Of Values In Get Child
    At the START of your script, not just before QTGMC. At least put it before mpeg2source. I think mpeg2soure requires mode 5 to work properly.

Code:
    SetMtMode(5,n) # n is the number threads you want to use, try the number of cores you have
    Imports()
    dgdecode_mpeg2source()
    SetMtMode(2)
    OtherFilters()
    Last edited by jagabo; 11th Oct 2014 at 07:06.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!