VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Greetings,,

What I need to know is how do I sync my subtitles with the audio language? I have been using MKV Merge, but to no avail, after muxing, the audio and text are not in sync. I use Formal Factory to hardcode the subtitles so that they will display on a DVD after burning.

I basically just need to sync the subtitles. Is Subtitle Edit my best bet for this?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    That's what I use. The audio waveform display makes it a snap.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Click image for larger version

Name:	sinc.JPG
Views:	119
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	43007I use Potplayer-64 Bits, I time the subs and then I save the file, but keep an original copy.
    Last edited by jollyjohn; 1st Sep 2017 at 03:07.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by jarod1005 View Post
    I use Formal Factory to hardcode the subtitles so that they will display on a DVD after burning.
    Normal people don't burn them into the video but make the subtitles selectable. Hardcoding subs unnecessarily degrades the video.

Where did you get these subs? There's a fair chance you have a PAL<->NTSC problem. That is, the subs may have come from one and need to be converted to the other. Perhaps with a delay added as well.

Did you try out JVRaines' suggestion? I also synch up subtitles by using an audio waveform (but using SubStation Alpha).
    Quote Quote  
  5. Subtitle Edit or Subtitle Workshop are good programs to help you sync your subtitles.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thanks, I will try them all. I have subtitle edit and avidemux. The timing of the text and audio will be my toughest task.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Aegisub is what I use.
    Quote Quote