VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I read online and tried a lot of software, because I just learned about video so I don't know which software publishes the best video of high quality.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Edwardstark View Post
    I read online and ...
    Yeh be careful about that one

Originally Posted by Edwardstark View Post
    I don't know which software publishes the best video of high quality.
    Well that's a little difficult to answer with such little information. It's probably more about the settings than the program.

What are you trying to do? blu-ray/dvd/video to mp4/mkv/avi? What programs did you like the 'feel' of? What was it about these programs you liked/disliked?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by video.baba View Post
    .... It's probably more about the settings than the program....
    That's what I'm thinking. Encoding isn't simple.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Just a couple of generalities (if you intend to, say, publish to Youtube, for example):
    1. Start with the highest quality original or transfer, maintaining high quality throughout (means lots of drive space consumed for high bitrate stuff).
    2. Maintain high quality throughout editing/compositing/processing workflow by using lossless, or near-lossless, intermediate files.
    3. Process as minimally as necessary, with fewest round-trip changes (aka do least harm)
    4. Determine best quality option for upload channel and only convert to it once from D.I.'s (from #2 above). Perhaps even going higher than native rez/rate, to see how publishing channel behaves with it.
    5. Test, test, test. - changing only one variable at a time.

Could give you more, but you'll need to give much more details about your intentions and your current setup & workflows.

Scott
    Quote Quote