VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. When I click on the remote control's right key, I want the videos (seen on the menu) to be selected clockwise, with the "next" arrow being the last to be selected. I've tried right-clicking on the thumbnails and using "button order" - but that doesn't seem to make any difference. (And, the videos also appear in the "correct" order in the far left file menu. Right now, what's happening is that the third time I click the right arrow (in the menu preview screen), the selection falls to the next arrow - though it should go to the third video thumbnail.

How can I change this?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tvsmvp View Post
    When I click on the remote control's right key, I want the videos (seen on the menu) to be selected clockwise, with the "next" arrow being the last to be selected. I've tried right-clicking on the thumbnails and using "button order" - but that doesn't seem to make any difference. (And, the videos also appear in the "correct" order in the far left file menu. Right now, what's happening is that the third time I click the right arrow (in the menu preview screen), the selection falls to the next arrow - though it should go to the third video thumbnail.

How can I change this?
    You would first need to copy the DVD's files and folders to your hard drive in its own folder. If the DVD is copy protected you would run DVDFab HD Decrypter or DVDFab Passkey Lite to do this instead of simply copying the files and folders directly. Open the DVD that you want to correct in PgcEdit.

Next, select the menu that you want to change and open it by clicking on the green "Menu" icon, and clicking the Edit button on the Menu Button window. The top section on the Menu Editor window allows you to select the buttons to change. The middle section on the Menu Editor window allows you to choose the button that receives the focus when an arrow key is pressed. When you are done making changes, press the OK button. Test your changes on the Menu Button window. When you are finished, close the Menu Button window and return to the main program window.

Save the DVD changes by typing Ctrl + S. then exit PgcEdit. Go to the folder containing the DVD and delete the PgcEdit_backup folder. Burn a new DVD with ImgBurn or your own choice of burning software.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks, usually_quiet, for the reply - much appreciated.

What I eventually figured out (using Sony Vegas Architect), is that I simply needed to select and use the "Navigation Tool" (an icon that looks like an arrow on top of a pair of binoculars, found in that vertical column of tools, adjacent to the upper left image of the menu in question). Once selected, I was able to click on one of the menu buttons (corresponding to a linked video or button) and make changes that way. So, long story short for those who find this thread later... know that there's a tool for this - the "navigation tool." Just click on that then click on the menu button to alter what happens when a viewer clicks a remote control button.
    Last edited by tvsmvp; 26th Oct 2018 at 11:01.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Except that your opening post makes no reference to the authoring tool you are using. You only mention this later on.

If you had designed your menu properly in the first place then it would have done what you wanted. Each new button has a number and navigation keys go to that next button not the direction of the key.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tvsmvp View Post
    Thanks, usually_quiet, for the reply - much appreciated.

What I eventually figured out (using Sony Vegas Architect), is that I simply needed to select and use the "Navigation Tool" (found in that vertical column of tools, adjacent to the upper left image of the menu in question). Once selected, I was able to click on one of the menu buttons (corresponding to a linked video or button) and make changes that way. So, long story short for those who find this thread later... know that there's a tool for this - the "navigation tool." Just click on that then click on the menu button to alter what happens when a viewer clicks a remote control button.
    I gave you advice for fixing a DVD that only existed as a physical disc, which is a question that has come up here in the past. Had you mentioned that this DVD was one that you had created using Sony Vegas Architect, you might have received advice that was better suited to your circumstances, although someone else would have been responsible for providing it.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thanks much for the help, guys.

What should happen when I press the left arrow key there on the right panel?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Whatever you design it to happen.

DVDA and similar tools allow you to use most of the full spec, so you can make the buttons cycle in a particular way going one direction, and a different way going the reverse, or no direction at all, etc. It's all down to your imagination.

Also, vague references like "there on the right panel" are next to worthless without accompanying visuals, or exhaustive descriptions.

Scott
    Quote Quote