VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm using DVD2AVI, and i notice there's several options for audio.
    I noticed that on my SVCDs that the spoken audio is lower than the music audio on the DVD. Or maybe i'm just crazy and am hearing things.
    Reguardless, here's my DVD2AVI settings for audio:

Track - Track 1
    Channel Format - Auto Select
    Dolby Digital - Decode
    MPEG Audio - Demux
    48->44.1 KHz - Off
    Normalization - (checked)

Here's my DVD setup, i got my DVD player hooked into my TV, and the TV hooked into a stereo for louder sound. Are these settings good for just plain sound (meaning i don't use a reciever or special equipment for my DVD sound).
    If a DVD is set to play at the best quality sound 5.1 Digital Sound (i think that's what it's called), will the sound be different on my regular setup than if i had the setting at Surround Sound?
    Any help is appreciated! If you know somewhere that this question was already addressed, please link me.
    Thanks!
    Mojo
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello pal,

First, the quality of sound is much better when played through an AV receiver with 4, or 5, or 6 high quality loudspeakers. This way you will get the surround effects. The overall quality of the sound depends first on the quality of the loudspeakers and to some extent on the quality of the amlifier or AV receiver. Anyhow, there is no surround effects with only 2 speakers, played from a stereo amplifier, or receiver.

On many movie DVDs, the music and effects level is at times louder than the dialogues. Compare this between your original DVD and encoded VCD/SVCD.

Take care
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the tip!
    I'll definately compare the originals to the SVCDs, i'm surprised i didn't think of that
    Thanks!
    Mojo
    Quote Quote