VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, i downloaded very old movie and i got the subtitles of the film in english also.
    the length of the movie seems tally with the movie time.
    i have a free version of a video converter which allows me to convert and include subtitles.
    the subtitle starts at 00:00:30.973 milliseconds.
    the film has a hugh advertisement of nearly 3 minutes, cigar advt.
    i have a free program of adjusting time to just start at 3 minutes and few seconds, which subsequent changes in the whole srt files.
    Now the problem is , if i just change the subtitle to 3 minutes and 30 seconds , as in my example, i get the changed subtitle file.
    but the problem is total subtitle also changes for the subsequent subtitle lilnes, which over reach the total video time.
    how can i change the subtitle correctlyl.
    is there any quick solution. the github community has given a html program to change the subtitle script to easiy adjust the first start line of subtitle.
    experts , please tell me the solultion.
    if i change the first lilne , it correctly coincide with the movie, but the total subtitle line time changes to more than video time
    Quote Quote  
  2. Most subtitle editors have the ability to shift all subs earlier or later.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, i understand, but should i go to each line and change the time in srt file.
    I used a github program called subtitle modifier zip, a program which allows you to input, the initial delay ofminutes, seconds, milliseconds plus or minus.
    it changes accordingly in the original file, we uploaded and thenchanges subsequent according to original.
    the problem is , as i mentioned. the video time is if, 3 h 14 minutes and some milliseconds.
    due to the advertisement, if i delay the subtitlle to excact time in video, then the total subtitle goes beyound video time, say 3hours, 19 minutes
    it is well nigh impossible to go to each line edit manually.
    i checked the program and it just add the starting and ending of each line of subtitles .
    i want solultion to this problem
    Quote Quote  
  4. Why not simply edit out the commercial so the video length matches the subtitles? ffmpeg and other editors can do lossless "cuts-only" editing.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, suppose, i do that , will the total video timing match the subtitles. the problem of the cut in front, will reduce the video time also . is it not
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, could you say how to use winx hd video converter deluxe to cut videos. i do not have ffmpeg. Most software, do not allow any action beyoond a few minutes and ask for pro edition. Now i have the pro edition for free, the above program, but i do not know how to use the tool. there are crop and trim tabs, but i do not know how to that
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by jraju View Post
    Hi, i understand, but should i go to each line and change the time in srt file.
    No, you can change them all at once (highlight them all, apply shift). It will shift every subtitle by the same amount. So if the first sub is at 1 minute and the last sub is at 90 minutes shifting them all 3 minutes later will put the first sub at 4 minutes and the last sub at 93 minutes.
    Quote Quote