VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've been using Gordian Knot for dvd to xvid for about a year, but i want to understand it a little more and everyone tells me that AviSynth/vdub is the way to go if you want to under it the most, so i was hoping you guys could give me some good tuts to understand it better and to get me started with AviSynth/vdub.
    Quote Quote  
  2. http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/Main_Page

Memorize everything there. As far as I know there are no tutorials, as such. But, if you've been using Gordian Knot for a year then you should already have a solid background. You can still use GKnot to generate your scripts for you for use in VDub, if you're not quite ready to create your own.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Study and learn the scripts that GKnot produces. Find out what each command does and then look on-line for plug-ins or scripts that may do the same job better and alter your scripts to match. Also be aware that documentation for AviSynth is available in the install folder on your PC, (if you can't reach the link manono provided). Go slow, make one change at a time and check the results in Vdub. Experiment. Make mistakes and learn to recognize some of the error messages AviSynth throws up.
    "Shut up Wesley!" -- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Buy My Books
    Quote Quote