VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey everyone. Back in 2009 I bought a Canopus ADVC-110 on eBay and converted all my VHS tapes to video. I still have one of the best JVC VCR's. I think I used VirtualDub. Heck if I can remember how I cleaned up the video, but it was probably all within VDub. I don't even remember if I used that software for the DV transfer from the Canopus.

Anyway, despite my fading memory, I need to do it again. I re-bought a used Canopus ADVC-100 on eBay and want to transfer some friend's home VHS tapes to MP4/MKV files.

Is VirtualDub still a solid program for this? Anything else on the cheap that would do a better or easier job? This time around, as opposed to back then, I don't mind spending a little bit of money for a consumer product that'll make the A-->Z conversion a little easier and foolproof. I think I spent countless hours reading these forums using all the (free) tricks of the trade, but now I'd rather buy something that'll make it easier.

thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'd suggest going the freeware route, there's no need to buy software, capture and convert with Virtualdub2 available here. You can convert to a mp4 container with .h264
    It's not important the problem be solved, only that the blame for the mistake is assigned correctly
    Quote Quote  
  3. I wasn't even aware there was a VirtualDub2. Newer than what I have. Thanks!
    Quote Quote