VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello!
    someone can plz help me hardsub AVI movies?
    i try anything:
    AVI ReComp
    Avidemux
    VirtualDub
    MeGUI
    AVI-Mux_GUI

but no help!
    sometimes there was no subs in the movie..
    sometimes the subs and the audio come in delay...
    or sometimes i just can't open my files in some program...

Help me plz hardsub AVI...
    (i have ASS subs)

THANK YOU!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Open the AVI in AutoGK. Add the sub file using the CTRL-F8 trick. Here's Baldrick's guide for that:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/256625-How-to-add-permanent-subtitles-with-AutoGK-a...I-DivX-or-XviD

If there's a delay, adjust it. I'm pretty sure it supports ASS subs.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi ! thanks for your help but he is not supports ASS subs...
    Quote Quote  
  4. You're right and I apologize. It should because the TextSub filter it uses supports ASS subs. Then you can use VDub(Mod) for the job, I just tested and it works fine to open ASS subs.

Open the AVI in VDub. Go Video->Filters->Add and load the TextSub filter. Browse to your ASS file and make sure it shows up in the right window when scrolling around. Set whatever else you need and encode.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Ok i did what you said, and in the right window i saw that my subs are in. But it's like he can't read the letters (my subs not in eng) i see only: "!" or "..." but no letters.
    What i can do ?

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm not knowledgeable about non-English subtitles. It's supposed to be Unicode, I think, to show up correctly. You'll have to save your subtitle file as Unicode and then try again. Try opening it in Notepad and then Save As->Encoding->Unicode, before saving and using VDub again. That's just a guess, though, and someone that knows more about it might have to explain.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Wow it's works ! (save as Unicode in Notepad) !!

But only one more question, i open the video, see the subs...there is something more i need to do ?
    if yes, what?
    if no, how i start the encode? what button?

THANK YOU!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Yes, you have to choose your compression (Video->Compression), XviD, most likely. Then Configure the XviD codec. Choose a bitrate or, better I think, encode for Quant 3. The audio will stay the same. Then File->Save As (or whatever VDub calls it - I use VDubMod), give it a name and wait. If you don't understand, go find a VDub and XviD encoding guide.
    Quote Quote