VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a samsung e360 and was surprised to find it would play video from the USB port.

I was even more surprised to find it would play vob files. patter patter goes my heart. I desperately need a bunch of WDTV units so I can replace the DVD players since the WD's can do auto play and auto repeat

IE power up and it just "goes" and never stops.

alas they are EXPENSIVE. I can get these dvd players for less than $20 a pop shipped!!!

is there ANY way for me to make this thing fully automatic. turn it on with a usb stick in place and have it just start playing and auto repeat all on its own?

any way possible to do that?

will any available relatively cheap DVD player do this? I want ti put some vobs on a usb stick. insert it into the player.

press power and have it auto play and auto repeat with NO interaction from me at all besides hitting the power button.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Nope, according to the manual, there are no autoplay or autorepeat setup options. For your scenario and budget, I recommend the Micca Speck player. I have a few of these running in museum installations and they are very reliable.
    Quote Quote  
  3. ohhhhh crazy. I JUST bought one of those last night to try out and play with. will be here on friday. can't wait!

can it be configured to auto play auto repeat ? if I change the files will it still auto play auto repeat or do you have to "reset it" once you change files or power down?

we change the video once a week. I am seeking something that is brain dead stupid easy. pop a flash drive into the usb port power up. done. play and repeat.

will the micca do that? would be great to hear from someone who uses them

glad to hear they are reliable. I LOVE the WDTV's but man are they expensive. Kick butt units though. got a few of them ancient as dirt never a hiccup. ever.

will they play ISO's ? video_ts folder? ie can I simply "rip" a dvd to the flash drive and pop it into the micca?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    The Speck does autoplay and seamless autorepeat. Turn on these setup options once and you're set. Every time you power it up, away it goes. It will play every file it finds at the root of the attached drive in alphanumeric order. Here's a link to the manual so you can check out the features and supported formats.
    Quote Quote