VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I discovered this forum through

There are few options to be able to view MPD multimedia content.

Some people are making business because the process is still complex.

It is not for common users who do not know how to program.

Exoplayer seems to be the only viable player at the moment.

Exoplayer could be given a second life to import a JSON list locally or through an external URL.

"name": "Channel",
    "uri": "URL.MPD",
    "kid": "KID",
    "key": "KEY",
    "drm_scheme": "clearkey",
    "extension": "mpd"
    },

What do you think?
    Last edited by Neurobcn; 10th Apr 2024 at 04:47.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Sorry I don't get what you mean, the point of all this is to actually download the streams (i.e. for archival purposes)
    I don't think it's worth the effort to retrieve DRM keys when all you want to do is watch the streams but with a different player.
    Geo-unblocking and VPNs are a far easier solution than getting keys and all that just to link back to the official servers MPDs for watching?
    Quote Quote  
  3. An MPD IPTV player.

You input the URL, KID, and KEY, and Exoplayer has the ability to decrypt and play the files without transcoding.

https://github.com/google/ExoPlayer

I know this because I have an Exoplayer APK that allows me to watch channels from my country (Movistar/Spain). The downside is that it doesn't allow updating the channel list from a local file or an external URL.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Sure, but why not stream from the official website with a VPN if all you want is to stream content, rather than downloading?
    If you need to input the KEY for your player, you'll need to know how to get the KEY, which you'll need the coding expertise for.
    So the effort kind of beats the purpose, if you could just watch your stream using a VPN without any coding expertise whatsoever.
    Quote Quote  
  5. provides updated keys for premium channels.

You just need to replace the JSON in the app.

Additionally, there are other ways to obtain the keys without you having to search for them using search engines.
    Last edited by Neurobcn; 10th Apr 2024 at 04:49.
    Quote Quote  
  6. All that'll do is generate bandwidth on the official servers, drawing attention to your client and yourself, making content owners implement even harder protection mechanisms for accessing MPDs and their respective license servers. Generally my opinion is that anything creating a strain on official servers (i.e. proxying, tunneling, forwarding streams - essentially what this service's scripts on GitHub do) is absolutely not fair when you can just either VPN the official website OR just one-off download the content and minimize your interaction with the official servers. I'm sure they'll notice if there's suddenly 100 continuous connections from unlicensed 3rd party players/scripts to their servers.

P.S.: Those GitHub repositories containing mostly *.tar and *.zip files are shady AF and I wouldn't touch such "scripts" with a 10 foot pole when all the knowledge you need to obtain DRM keys can easily be learned on this forum, where you're not dependent on some 3rd party "developer" to shell out the keys while begging for donations on like every second page. In my books this is just as bad as the GetWVKeys website requiring complete access to your Discord account for no reason.
    Last edited by mike94; 3rd Jun 2023 at 06:58.
    Quote Quote  
  7. You would be surprised by the number of servers we have tracked pointing to premium channels. We believe that the system should be democratized, meaning that everyone should have access, because currently, the only ones benefiting greatly are platforms like and owners of Xtream Codes panels. It is necessary to develop an application, and ExoPlayer can be the starting point.
    Last edited by Neurobcn; 10th Apr 2024 at 04:49.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'll leave here an example of how the 'MainActivity.java' file of ExoPlayer could be structured

PHP Code:
    Delate 
    Delate
    Last edited by Neurobcn; 4th Jun 2023 at 16:18. Reason: Error code
    Quote Quote  
  9. Search, Learn, Download! Karoolus's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    So you want to livestream from a server but instead of just going through the server's own app (probably a tv station or whatever?) you want to add in a hugely sofisticated layer of extra bandwidth and coding by retrieving the keys for the livestream and then using a different app that will get you the same result as if you were just watching it on the app it was meant to be watched on? why?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by Karoolus View Post
    So you want to livestream from a server but instead of just going through the server's own app (probably a tv station or whatever?) you want to add in a hugely sofisticated layer of extra bandwidth and coding by retrieving the keys for the livestream and then using a different app that will get you the same result as if you were just watching it on the app it was meant to be watched on? why?
    Just my point, it looks like this is some random crusade to "democratize" pay-to-view IPTV channels. It seems they want to code a 3rd party IPTV player/IPTV panel to allow users to stream proprietary TV channels from official pay-to-view servers without actually paying for the content (by decryption via DRM keys). Essentially a backdoor IPTV player which leeches off the official pay-to-view servers. That's just unfair towards content owners and really illegal in my opinion, this is the kind of behaviour that makes content owners harden their DRM mechanisms even more and that ends up hurting everyone who just wants to download public content for personal archival/use.
    Quote Quote  
  11. It's part of the disgusting human nature.
    Last edited by Neurobcn; 10th Apr 2024 at 04:51.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Search, Learn, Download! Karoolus's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Neurobcn View Post
    There will always be people who misuse discoveries. My idea is to develop the exoplayer APP so that anyone can play their own JSON.

It is inevitable that people want to make money from anything. It's part of the disgusting human nature. In order to prevent these individuals from profiting, we need to democratize the system. That means making it easier for people to access all content in a simple way.
    By trying to make it easier, you are 100% making it harder because companies will tighten the security. Also, if companies don't make money, they don't produce new content, which means there is no content to broadcast... see where I'm going here? I understand that in some utopian world you believe that this is possible but money makes the world go round and by trying to circumvent this you are actually doing the exact opposite of what you are trying to achieve.
    This is a dumb idea, honestly. Keeping all this stuff *just* out of reach for most people is the only reason that major companies don't really care that much and don't hammer down on people who happen to break the encryption etc. If a large portion of their clients can suddenly move towards a system that is free, they WILL look into it and make sure that those customers come back to them to spend money. Making it too accessible is the worst thing you can do. Look at ThePirateBay (arguably the best known torrent site) being shut down because they enabled the illegal downloading of media. Did torrenting stop? No. Popcorn Time got taken down. Torrents didn't die, but as soon as it gets easy enough for the regular joe, that's when they step in because that could mean a substantial loss of income for them.
    They're taking down a lot of IPTV providers in Europe atm because they enable tech-illiterate people to just install an app on their TV/phone/... and watch TV that way. The actual TV stations and TV service providers lose income over this so something needs to be done.

I don't know how much clearer I can be on this point, but this is a terrible idea. You'll maybe (maybe) succeed in making it a bit easier for a short while, after which everything will tighten down and move to a different form of encryption.

Don't do this
    Quote Quote  
  13. Alright, we will stop democratizing the system through the development of the app. We will use it only for ourselves. However, there are now over 350 Xtream Codes servers streaming MPD links.
    Quote Quote