VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I have a 45 mins footage, having a red-yellow color layer in some scenes.

When I watched this footage, this red-yellow color layer sometimes popped up and disappeared. Under this layer, I still can see the color of the footage.

Is there any scripts or dlls taking out this red-yellow color layer?

Color Correction does not work in this footage. I am sorry that I cannot upload this footage on this platform, even 10 seconds.

Please helping me. Thank you in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You won't get much help if you dont upload a sample of the video.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by JeremyVN View Post
    this red-yellow color layer sometimes popped up and disappeared. Under this layer, I still can see the color of the footage... cannot upload this footage...
    Video is better, but not even a few still shots? It's difficult to understand what you mean.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Most color corrections are best done in your NLE (Non-Linear Editor, like Premier, Vegas, Final Cut, etc.). Many have a subtraction capability which lets you reduce color casts.

You can easily experiment with this my simply using the Colormill filter in Virtualdub.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Basically, you can build an alpha mask using MaskHS(), then apply a filter to only those yellow/red areas with Overlay(). Something like:

Code:
    hsmask = last.MaskHS(StartHue=A, EndHue=B, MinSat=C, MaxSat=D)
    filtered = last.SomeFiltersThatFixTheRedYellowAreas()
    Overlay(last, filtered, mask=hsmask)
    The filtered areas will only be applied to red/yellow areas when they appear. Of course, if the red/yellow areas a completely opaque you will not be able to restore what's behind them.
    Quote Quote