VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I bought the capture card and installed the more recent drives from Avermedia site. When I plugged the HDMI cable from my PS3 using the HDMI splitter nothing happens, just a black screen. Please help!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The PS3's HDMI output is HDCP protected. No capture device with an HDMI port will capture HDCP protected output under normal circumstances. There is a software hack for at least one of AVerMedia's capture devices, and specialized hardware that may allow you to get around HDCP, but without those you will only get a black screen or a message saying you can't record.

There is no device listed at AVerMedia's website with the model number "C067". Look again. Is it really "C027"? If it is really "C027", this thread may help: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/341920-Need-Original-Drivers-for-Avermedia-AverTV-H...DVR-%28c027%29
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 24th Jun 2012 at 14:22.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I tried what is there but it still doesn´t work
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by joao-reves View Post
    I tried what is there but it still doesn´t work
    Does your capture device give you a picture when you do not use the splitter?
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 25th Jun 2012 at 17:26. Reason: typo
    Quote Quote  
  5. No, just a black screen.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The AVerMedia C027 will not work with 1080p input. Is your PS3 set to output 720p,1080i or lower? If you happen to be using an HDMI monitor instead of a TV on the side of the split that is not connected to the AVerMedia C027, you must choose 720p output. A monitor will not normally display 1080i.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you are not trying to capture 1080p video... Just to cover all possibilities, is the PS3 connected to the correct port on the AVerMedia C027? The port for HDMI is labeled "HDMI" but since it is stamped into the metal, the label may be difficult to read. Although the ports look identical, one port only works for HDMI, and the other only works with the analog breakout cable.

Finally, did you read this post in the thread I linked to? https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/341920-Need-Original-Drivers-for-Avermedia-AverTV-H...=1#post2132428

If you tried that without success, I am out of ideas.
    Quote Quote