VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use Vrbatium Deul Layer discs with a Benq 1620 recorder. Before heyused to take aout 22 or 23 minutes. Now its double with the same brand of discs. Is there somethin Im doi g wrong?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Assuming that the discs are EXACTLY the same, it could be that your DMA settings have been changed, windows will sometimes do that...

This explains it:

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/storage/IDE-DMA.mspx
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    bump

all settings are set to DMA if Available. Im not sure which IDE channel is my DVD drive but it does say DMA.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What speed are they burning at according to your software ?
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It doesnt say, but I do have the settings set to fastest. As they were when it was burning normally.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    All drives should be in DMA mode. If you have any in PIO mode, uninstall that channel and the OS will reinstall it after a reboot. On rare occasions, Windows misreads the DMA/PIO status of the channel. You can still uninstall the DVD writer channel, just in case. No data loss will occur.

Also, you didn't mention which program you were using to burn the DL discs? ImgBurn is the most recommended at this time. But the burning program shouldn't cause a speed change.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Im using Sonic Record Now.

Funny thing. I recorded something that I had edited a long time ago, it recorded normally, next file to be recorded. Back to the same ole thing.

Also that program does nothing for me cause I dont burn images, Im burning files.
    Quote Quote