VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hello guys,
    I have a folder with 120 avi's in it and every avi has one audio track. I want to extract the Audiotrack of all files. Is there a way (maybe a batch command) to make avidemux demux the audio track of each file automatically or do I have to open each file individually ?
    thanks in advance for your help
    -Gwar
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Do you want your original files intact ? And save your audiofiles somewhere ? If yes, you can use Tsmuxergui for this. Simply drag drop your avi files to input and then choose demux on the bottom of the window.
    you have to check your audiofiles manualy.

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  3. the Audio file has to be the same as it was in the original Avi, so without any re-encodes. TS muxer can't open avis. It says "can't detect stream type" when I open it.
    the avis use the xvid or divx codec by the way.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry, I have only some test files avi and it contains x264 and aac and it works

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  5. Use ffmpeg - this should be quite straightforward.
    Quote Quote  
  6. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    pandy is right, ffmpeg can do that trick.

Originally Posted by Gwar View Post
    the Audio file has to be the same as it was in the original Avi, so without any re-encodes. TS muxer can't open avis. It says "can't detect stream type" when I open it.
    the avis use the xvid or divx codec by the way.
    Many months ago, I asked roman/physic to add MPEG-4 ASP support to TSmuxer, but my feature request went ignored, unfortunately.
    Last edited by El Heggunte; 21st Jun 2016 at 09:34. Reason: better wording
    Quote Quote  
  7. thanks for your help you guys. so ffmpeg is able to extract the audio without re-encoding it ? that's great. And which command do I have to use to make that work?
    thanks a lot
    regards
    -gwar
    Quote Quote