VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    http://www.dvdfab.cn/cinaviaremoval_hd.htm

It's a stand alone product, which must be downloaded and purchased separately.

Use together with Blu-ray Copy or Ripper OptionSpecial Note: Despite being sold as a standalone option, CinaviaRemoval HD does not work all alone. It is incorporated into Blu-ray Copy (main movie copy mode for the time being) and Blu-ray Ripper. In other words, to use this option, either of the two products is required not to be expired.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    I just got through doing some tests with it. We were allowed access to a couple of the developer versions. It works, but I suspect that it is another audio replacement tactic. My review is over at MyCE.
    Quote Quote  
  3. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    ^ Thanks for the review

http://www.myce.com/review/dvdfab-cinaviaremoval-hd-review-78133/

Conclusion: there is no such thing as ACTUAL Cinavia removal yet.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Kerry56 View Post
    I suspect that it is another audio replacement tactic.
    Maybe they can clarify this statement: "The Cinavia watermark will be completely and permanently removed from the audio track".

Removed is one thing. Replacement is a cheat.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Replacement doesn't necessarily mean they didn't use their own process in house to remove the signal. They might not want to bundle the removal software into the main DVDFab program. And there could be several reasons for that. It might take a long time, and DVDFab is extremely conscious of time of encoding. They go to great lengths to reduce encoding times. Or it might be more vulnerable to someone else stealing the process if included in the downloadable program. Or it might take a lot of computational power...who knows?

But this is giving them the benefit of the doubt. It is equally likely that they are doing a simpler audio swap, like DVDRanger.
    Last edited by Kerry56; 22nd Dec 2015 at 09:56.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I will qualify my statements with this....I don't have any br discs to copy and have never tried

However I doubt my tin ear, would notice any difference in the sound track playback of the oem disc
    And a dfab copy using some kind of sound replacement technology

IF your ears can hear the difference, the yeah it might mean something to you
    But if you can't tell the difference when watching the movie, what difference does the technology or what they call it it mean..?..
    It means NADA..if you can't hear the difference
    Quote Quote  
  7. If the replaced audio file is 3GB, that is a lot of downloading.
    Should be easy to check your routers bandwidth history to prove that the whole audio part was replaced and not hacked.

And what if DVD or foreign bluray are of by 1/10 second here there, as that will happen soon to combat this replacement scheme.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Okay.. downloading a large replacement file from the web
    would be a major PITA for me and a big KINK in the system
    because of my mobile bandwidth internet connection,
    No cable or FIOS available for me, we full time travel in the RV
    for ME this is ALL academic , but still interesting
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by tonyp12 View Post
    If the replaced audio file is 3GB, that is a lot of downloading.
    Should be easy to check your routers bandwidth history to prove that the whole audio part was replaced and not hacked.

And what if DVD or foreign bluray are of by 1/10 second here there, as that will happen soon to combat this replacement scheme.
    One of the other admins over at MyCE estimated that the soundtrack of that movie should be at least 800MB in FLAC, and I downloaded just over 1GB of material when I was using the program. So they wouldn't necessarily have to use LPCM in the download.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    In my opinion, not just speaking about this program, I really don't care if replacement audio is being used, but a company should be honest about doing so instead of trying to deceive paying customers into thinking they actually can remove Cinavia. I think it is dishonest and shady. I don't know who they are trying to fool since network traffic can be analyzed and the downloaded data files can be examined.

All this backlash about using replacement audio is not about the replacement audio, it is about the dishonesty. Again, I am not speaking about this program, rather I'm speaking in general about selling replacement audio.
    Quote Quote