VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. Hi Guys
    after a lot of search i found this forum, hope i will learn a lot from this, thanks all in advance,
    im using like a iptv box to view channels on my TV, i want to connect that box with my computer and record my Favourite programmes, and need guide to buy right components,
    im upload box images that show video outputs, someone told me that i can use WinTV-HVR-1975
    with this box,
    hope someone guide me the right path,
    Thanks Again
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20170508_110631.jpg
Views:	608
Size:	3.38 MB
ID:	41634  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170508_110638.jpg
Views:	955
Size:	3.26 MB
ID:	41635  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170508_110656.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	3.68 MB
ID:	41636  

2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The WinTV-HVR-1975 can record from your IPTV box via the A/V port and its mini A/V cable accessory. Windows 7's/8's Media Center or WinTV should work as PVR software. NextPVR might also work as PVR software. That being said, the resulting standard definition video recording on your computer will be poor-quality compared to what you see on your TV using HDMI.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329

3. ok i got my tuner and i connected AV cable to IPTV BOx and red white and yellow to Wintv 1975, and usb cable from tuner to computer, but until now no success to view box channel on computer, i need some guide for tuner configuration i think so, on first step i need to to know about scanning channel source type, i attached a image file, please help me with this,
    Thanks

Name:	1975.jpg
Views:	423
Size:	126.4 KB
ID:	41662  

4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    1. Check the box beside "External inputs (Composite/S Video)" and click the "Next->" button
    2. Select your country from the drop-down list.
    3. Make sure the box beside Composite is checked.
    4. Select the video system used in your country from the drop-down list . (Choose NTSC if you are in N. America. PAL is used for most other places.)
    5. Click the "Next->" Button
    6. When you see "Device Setup Complete", click the "Next->" button again.
    7. Click the "OK" button on the WinTV Settings window.
    8. Right-click the screen.
    9. Select "Find Channel" from the context menu.
    10. Select "0 Composite from the Channels menu -- if your IPTV box is on, you should see a picture.

[Edit]If you can get a picture after set up for ""External inputs (Composite/S Video)" has been completed, then you will know that the composite video connection is working. The set up procedure for "Analog TV via Set Top Box" is more involved, but if you want to attempt to use the WinTV-HVR-1975 IR blaster to control the STB you will need to to do it.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 20th May 2017 at 03:47.

5. Thnaks for your detail reply, i fallow all steps but no success i only can hear sound but screen is black

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	41664  

6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Do you have a TV with composite video and stereo audio ports? Try connecting the IPTV box to the TV with the same composite cable as a test. Do you see a picture and hear audio from the TV?

7. Thanks for ur response, my tv also dont response A/V cable, so what u think this is cable fault o IPTV Box A/V port fault ?

8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Yamiraan View Post
    Thanks for ur response, my tv also dont response A/V cable, so what u think this is cable fault o IPTV Box A/V port fault ?
    I don't know which is more likely, that the cable is faulty, or the IPTV box A/V port is faulty. You can try a different composite cable.

Another possibility is that the IPTV Box supplies audio from its A/V cable but not video when an HDMI cable is connected to it. Try unplugging the HDMI cable from the IPTV Box.

9. i tried with unplug HDMI and now sound is not good and screen is like check screen short

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	128.4 KB
ID:	41670  

10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i tried with unplug HDMI and now sound is not good and screen is like check screen short
    I have seen a similar "picture" when I made a mistake and selected the wrong video system. Are you sure that the correct video system (PAL/NTSC/etc.) for your country is set? If the video system setting is correct, then close WinTV, then open it again and select "Composite" as your channel.

Possibly, but some of those devices don't provide a nice picture.

11. I read for UK is PAL but i tried all option and have same result that i already sent u

12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I read for UK is PAL but i tried all option and have same result that i already sent u
    Were you ever able to get a picture on the TV using a direct composite connection to your IPTV box?

If so, in your place, I would probably check the HVR 1975's support page at Hauppauge's UK website to make sure that the latest WinTV-HVR-1975 drivers and the latest version of WinTV 8 were installed. The software and drivers on the installation media are not often the most up-to-date versions. Download updated drivers and WinTV 8 from the support page Hauppauge's UK website.

13. when i connect with HDMI cable from IPTV Box to TV its work fine but when i use A/V cable my Tv dont recognise and AV Signal, i ordered a new AV cable, when arrive i will make test and let u know,

14. one more experiment failed, i bought HDMI Splitter and HDMI/AC cable, normal HDMI is working file on my TV but when i connect HDMI to Splitter and AC to TV, my TV do not recognise any signal, also tried with Wintv 1975 and no success to view anything on my computer,
    now im waiting for new mini AC cable but now i think cable is not problem, you have any idea?

i also find my IPTV Box feature
    "You can access all of your content via the USB 2 and 3 functions on your TV screen. All you need to do is connect your USB drive to the Lyca TV Box and select the correct function"
    can we use this feature to connect box with computer?
    Last edited by Yamiraan; 26th May 2017 at 14:48.

15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    one more experiment failed, i bought HDMI Splitter and HDMI/AC cable, normal HDMI is working file on my TV but when i connect HDMI to Splitter and AC to TV, my TV do not recognise any signal, also tried with Wintv 1975 and no success to view anything on my computer,
    now im waiting for new mini AC cable but now i think cable is not problem, you have any idea?
    You wasted your money on that HDMI to A/V cable, as have many others. It is for specific devices which output analog signals using a port that looks the same as HDMI, but does not carry an HDMI signal. A simple cable cannot work for digital to analog conversions. Electronics are needed to convert HDMI (digital) to Composite + RCA Stereo (analog). You need something like the little white box you asked about in your other post to actually convert the signal: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Digital-Signal-Composite-Converter-Xbox360/dp/B00A6STNHM/

Common problems with the inexpensive electronic converters are that many produce a dark picture or letterbox 16:9 to 4:3. If you can get AV/out on your IPTV box working, it won't do a worse job and might to a better job.

i also find my IPTV Box feature
    "You can access all of your content via the USB 2 and 3 functions on your TV screen. All you need to do is connect your USB drive to the Lyca TV Box and select the correct function"
    can we use this feature to connect box with computer?
    No. I looked at the features listed at https://www.lycatv.tv/feature. The USB port allows using the Lyca TV box as a media player to watch your own video collection, stored on a USB device.

It looks like the Lyca TV Box might be able to record to an SD card, but if so my guess is the files stored on the SD card are encrypted. I'm also guessing that the encryption is possibly why you wanted to record to a PC. You want your recordings to be portable.

It is too bad that Lyca TV doesn't have a link to download a manual for the LycaTV Box so I can find out if there are any restrictions on the use of the A/V port and find out if it is possible to record to the SD card, or if the SD card is just for storing games and apps.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 26th May 2017 at 16:41. Reason: typo

16. Finally its working with AC cable, and result is not bad, now i want to improve video result, i already have HDMI splitter, can i try a Video Card with HDMI input? Forexample
    what you suggest ?
    Big Thanks

17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    To be honest, I think Hauppauge's HD capture devices are best used for making copies of recordings from a service provider's DVR rather than as a DVR substitute.

For almost a year I used a Colossus to record TV from a set-top box with the help of an HDMI splitter which removed HDCP as a side-effect. (Most HDMI splitters do not remove HDCP.) I used NextPVR to make scheduled recordings. Scheduled recording might fail completely, or were unwatchable if I neglected to power cycle the Colossus every few days. Just re-booting the PC is not enough. Power cycling requires shutting down the PC, unplugging the PSU, draining residual power from the capacitors by pressing the PC's power button, waiting 10 minutes, plugging in the PSU, and then turning on the PC. Hauppauge's USB-connected HD-PVR 2 products also need to be power cycled frequently, although the procedure is a bit different.

I don't use one of these devices, but I think a stand-alone device which records to a USB drive might be a better choice. One possibility is th AVerMedia EzRecorder 310: http://www.avermedia.com/tv_more/product/streaming_capture/ezrecorder_310
    (Recording with an AVerMedia EzRecorder 310 still requires the help of an HDMI splitter which removed HDCP as a side-effect.) One complaint I saw with the AVerMedia EzRecorder 310 is that it only remembers the recording schedule for 3 months. After that you’ll have to set up the recording schedule again for the next 3 months.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 6th Jul 2017 at 23:05. Reason: correct typos

18. will you recommend this a lot of people using this device

I dont link much Ezrecorder 310 because i want to record and save on my computer, i dont need scheduled programming because i have to record clips, breaking news, stuff like that dont have a fix timing, and i have to upload on my website instantly so i need something that i fully controlled from my pc, hope u understand my point,

Regards
    Last edited by Yamiraan; 10th Jul 2017 at 07:20.

19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    will you recommend this a lot of people using this device

I dont link much Ezrecorder 310 because i want to record and save on my computer, i dont need scheduled programming because i have to record clips, breaking news, stuff like that dont have a fix timing, and i have to upload on my website instantly so i need something that i fully controlled from my pc, hope u understand my point,

Regards
    Uploading captured segments from IPTV broadcasts to your own website without permission is probably against VideoHelp's warez rules. I'm referring this to a moderator.

20. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I'm locking this thread for now as it seems to reference re-distribution of copyrighted material.

Moderator redwudz