VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well I'm pretty new at this but my advice would be to either purchase or do a "search" for winoncd 3.7 or 3.8, power edition, this program is a godsend for people who want to create picture disks. It creates thumbnails with backgrounds, a title page, and in the 3.8, (i have 3.7)edition i hear that you can even add background music. the only caveat i have with this software is that it converts all your images to bmp's which takes about 20 minutes on my pentium II 400.
    Hope this helps.
    Where is the wine the new wine? Dying on the vine.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I cannot make comment on NERO as I do not use it.

You should be aware that Windows Media Player 6.4 will play .dat files. Be warned however that sometimes the 1st dat file is not one that you have encoded - it may well be an intro sequence built into the writing program for cdi's. I used to have this problem, try to play it and everything would go screwy.

So update to 6.4 version of Media player - stay away from 7 if you can.

Audio and VCD can does have different properties so your logic does not stand up - but I hope you are correct.

On my website, http://www.coyote01.freeserve.co.uk I have included a intro logo in the correct PAL format, download it, rename the extension to .mpg and burn as VCD. If it plays OK your DVD supports CDRW VCD.

I use WINONCD 3.8 Power Edition for my photo albums. This does absolutely everything I would want a photo album to do on my DVD Player.

Hope this helps
    Quote Quote