VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,
    For some reason my dvdshrink was not ripping a certain DVD, so I used DVDFab. The thing is that DVDFab didn't use any compression, and now I need to fit 8GB in 4.7GB.
    What tool wouuld you suggest that will let me:
    1) Compress the existent files to make it fit on DVD+R
    or
    2) Tool that will let me pick only the main movie to burn to DVD+R, so I can make it fit.

Ideally a tool that would do both things.

I appreciate your help.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Rip to your HDD with, then open in Shrink and re-author or reduce. For big reductions, consider using DVD Rebuilder with HCenc instead of Shrink. The Pro version of Rebuilder will let you re-author. The free version does not.

That said, you cam do a movie only rip with DVD Fab Decrypter if you want, and save yourself some time.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I tried re-authoring on Shrik, but it was taking for ever.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Re-authoring is a simple as drag and drop. The only thing that takes time is if you have to reduce the size. And if Shrink is taking too long for you, then you won't be happy with anything else. Shrink is about as fast as it gets. This leaves you with two choices. Burn to DL discs so everything fits, or buy a faster computer.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. guns1inger has you covered.
    I back up my almost 8gb Star Trek episodes with Shrink. It takes a little over an hour and a half. I know it's going to take an hour and a half so I go do something else for an hour and a half. No way around it using Shrink for me. And I am satisfied using Shrink w/ deep analysis and AEC set to sharp. Going from 8gb to 4.7gb takes time. But if quality is a factor it's well worth it..
    Stick with Shrink.
    Regards, NL
    Quote Quote