VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I'm having synchronization problems in movies with mp3 audio. The thing is, the original file plays just fine, but after converting, the audio gets out of synch, right in the beginning of the movie, and seemingly constant throughout it.

Just by opening the movie in virtualdub and previewing it, the audio gets out of synch, not before showing that "VBR audio stream detected" bla bla bla.. It's very weird because in the past i used to get that message all the time, yet still i had no synch problems whatsoever.

I'm really clueless as to what i should do now. I've googled this but found no solution.

I've reinstalled all my codecs (as i've seen suggested somewhere) but it's the same.

ac3 audio movies don't have this problem.

any suggestions at this point?

Tnks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What software are you using to convert ?
    Converting from what to what ?
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i'm using DIKO, with CCE 2.7, converting avi to DVD.

but it doesn't really matter. right at virtualdub, the audio gets out of synch, without even encoding.

:\
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try saving the audio track as .WAV and then convert that to .AC3. It should be in sync when remuxed with the video then. I think... :/
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    yeah i tried that, it doesn't work though.

the only thing i can remember now is to format, to see if the problem still remains...
    Quote Quote