VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Well, it's good to see some more advanced stuff coming down the pike. I grow weary of the usual "How do I edit without re-encoding" fare.

It would be nice to have a forum dedicated to 2D/3D animations, particle effects, pixel array effects, etc. And let "Editing" become like a general editing forum.

Last edited by budwzr; 9th Mar 2015 at 14:01.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I thought this was a gif test thread ?

What I would like is a better replacement for gif. Gifs are getting huge. It's tough to optimize them and have them still look good. If html5 video was standard you could just embed them with tags just like gifs or images. Full color, a fraction of the size. Back in the day, gifs were supposed to be 100kb or so. I uploaded a few 3MB ones on the last page and felt bad about it. That used to be a huge violation of web etiquette. Some of them are ginormous now, web browser pauses trying to load them. Someone uploaded 18MB gifs in another thread! . Reminds me of ~15-20 years ago where people had crappy webpages on 56k dial up and you had to wait for images to load
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Nice animations PDR. This is a test thread for anything, I mostly use it to see how various plugin filter results look on the web. All my animations were done in Aviutl. Some 100%, others I used various images and some stock.

Some more filter testing in Paint.NET.
    Last edited by racer-x; 6th Apr 2015 at 05:52.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    An improved plane animation at a reasonable size.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Plane_Sig2.gif
Views:	331267
Size:	1.52 MB
ID:	30674  

Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  5. Nice job on the plane animation. Did you race planes as well ??!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No, planes are a rich man's toys. I can't afford them. I drag raced bikes because they are relatively cheap to race compared with cars. I put in about $8,000 USD into my old dragbike and it ran mid- 8 sec 1/4 mile @ over 150 mph. It would take about $30,000 USD to go that fast in a car.

Bikes have a better bang for the buck ratio. It also helps when I did all my own work.........
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Is that a "Fokker"?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Marina didn't have any animation.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    I thought this was a gif test thread ?

What I would like is a better replacement for gif. Gifs are getting huge. It's tough to optimize them and have them still look good. If html5 video was standard you could just embed them with tags just like gifs or images. Full color, a fraction of the size. Back in the day, gifs were supposed to be 100kb or so. I uploaded a few 3MB ones on the last page and felt bad about it. That used to be a huge violation of web etiquette. Some of them are ginormous now, web browser pauses trying to load them. Someone uploaded 18MB gifs in another thread! . Reminds me of ~15-20 years ago where people had crappy webpages on 56k dial up and you had to wait for images to load
    Im still using that Blumenthals gif maker You recommended a long time ago. It has some option for better quality, but you have to pay.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by budwzr View Post
    Is that a "Fokker"?
    It's supposed to be a Curtiss P-40 Warhawk.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curtiss_P-40_Warhawk
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by budwzr View Post
    Im still using that Blumenthals gif maker You recommended a long time ago.
    Yes, I still have the old 10 year old version and still use it for quick gifs. Photoshop is better, but you need to spend time fiddling with the options.

Originally Posted by TreeTops View Post
    Marina didn't have any animation.

Hahaha is that a request ?

Do you like my "melons" instead ?

[Attachment 30700 - Click to enlarge]

I didn't have time to make the hair bounce yet
    Last edited by Baldrick; 20th Feb 2022 at 11:41.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Nice!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Holy smokes batman!

Last edited by budwzr; 13th Mar 2015 at 14:51.
    Quote Quote  
  14. What? Don' t like "melons ?" How about some "buns" instead

Click image for larger version

Name:	Buns.gif
Views:	24916
Size:	1.26 MB
ID:	30728
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The animations are too realistic.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by budwzr View Post
    The animations are too realistic.
    No way - You can't get "too realistic!" I would categorize these as "semi realistic" .

Have you seen truly 3d "photo-realistic" renders ?

Name:	733f77cab4262a939a53cdb92c1731bb.jpg
Views:	884
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	30729

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/537758011725554511/

It makes your actual photo of Lady Gaga look "fake" !
    Last edited by poisondeathray; 14th Mar 2015 at 12:24.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No, I mean the motions are too much Optimized.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by budwzr View Post
    No, I mean the motions are too much Optimized.
    Optimized ? The "melons" and "buns" bouncy jiggles are over-exaggerated for effect. But it sure makes me happier looking at them
    Quote Quote  
  19. Cloth dynamics test / wind simulation

Name:	Windy.gif
Views:	9118
Size:	185.6 KB
ID:	30747
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That 3D model looks better than the original Marilyn. Do you have any twerking tests, hahaha. This is a great way to learn Physics. Got me thinking of the "drag coefficient" of the dress and how the underlying "Boo-Tay" effects the updraft.

You can learn a lot here at VHelp.
    Last edited by budwzr; 15th Mar 2015 at 11:24.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by budwzr View Post
    That 3D model looks better than the original Marilyn. Do you have any twerking tests, hahaha. This is a great way to learn Physics. Got me thinking of the "drag coefficient" of the dress and how the underlying "Boo-Tay" effects the updraft.
    Funny, I actually do have some twerking tests!! Part of a music video spoof that started out as a MTV/ Miley spoof. Very rough animations but WIP

The cloth / wind simulation doesn't quite look right to me (too flimsy? too stretchy? ). I think the materials need some tweaking
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    On the "Buns" gif, shouldn't there be some horizontal action(motion)? I think in real life the "buns" would counteract with each other, and create an accordion effect.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by budwzr View Post
    On the "Buns" gif, shouldn't there be some horizontal action(motion)? I think in real life the "buns" would counteract with each other, and create an accordion effect.
    Did you mean kind of like the "melons" ? Where they bounce horizontally against each other ?

I think those "buns" are too toned/firm for that. A bigger booty with more meat might jiggle horizontally more

And I'm running out of food analogies and references, help me out here
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Agreed. Perhaps a Kim K. animation would need that to be realistic. Good point.

Side Note: You can remove the bag from the box of a Franzia White Zin, and just hold it up like a hospital IV drip bag, and drink right from the spout.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    After looking at these animation, I conclude that PDR is king animator here at videohelp.com. Great job all around, I look forward to seeing more of your work.

P.S. the Marilyn Monroe dress animation does looks a little to parachutey, but still good just the same.......
    Quote Quote  
  26. Banned
    Search PM
    To poisondeathray: what software are you using for rendering and making the gifs?
    Quote Quote  
  27. Originally Posted by newpball View Post
    To poisondeathray: what software are you using for rendering and making the gifs?
    The animations are made with a variety of tools, C4D, AE, Daz3D

The gifs are made with photoshop
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Dog Tag

Name:	DogTag.gif
Views:	1375
Size:	156.9 KB
ID:	30779  

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    bouncey ball
    Image Attached Images    
    Last edited by racer-x; 22nd Mar 2015 at 12:48.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    watch sig.

Name:	watch_32.gif
Views:	71487
Size:	1.55 MB
ID:	30815  

Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!