VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 23
FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Thread
    Search PM
    This ffmpeg gain detection is used since a while so it's not a new feature, it is used whenever the audio encoder has no built in normalization, maybe try a different ffmpeg build, what target audio format and encoder was that? Maybe try an audio encoder that has built in normalization like eac3to. Maybe you can also upload a sample.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Code:
    ### 2.0.4.5 Beta

Thanks to Patman for providing the download links of the tools !!!

- update: JPSDR 3.1.3
    - update: nvenc 4.50
    - update: AVSMeter 2.9.6
    - update: DGHDRtoSDR 1.12
    - update: mvtools2 2.7.41
    - update: FFT3dFilter 2.6.7
    - update: TIVTC 1.0.14
    - update: RgTools 0.98
    - update: havsfunc r32
    - update: DFTTest r6
    - update: TCanny r12
    - update: BM3D r8
    - update: L-Smash Works 2019-09-17 HolyWu
    - update: x265 3.2+3-fdd69a76688 Patman
    - update: ffmpeg 2019-09-27 Patman

- new: x265 switch --selective-sao added
    - new: L-Smash Works parameters prefer_hw 3 HW auto added to menu
    - new: the way --vbr-quality works in nvenc was changed,
           if it's value is -1 the bitrate in the main dialog is used,
           if it's higher then -1 the bitrate is set to 0
    - new: add support of video track title/name using MP4Box
    - new: simple QP mode added to nvenc to use one instead of three QP values
    - new: the menu renderer has now Win 10 style arrows for sub menu indication
    - new: icons added to filter list and script editor, shortcuts added to script editor
    - new: the preview can be closed by clicking in the top right corner
    - new: in the script editor there are now two players available,
           mpv.net and whatever is registered for mkv, mpc-be supports vpy playback
    - new: the way filters are added, replaced and inserted in the script editor
           was changed in order to improve the menu performance
    - new: in the main menu a sub menu was added: Apps > Script Info,
           it contains avsmeter, vspipe and avs2pipemod for showing
           info about the currently active AviSynth or VapourSynth script,
           vspipe and avs2pipemod show parameters like bit depth, colorspace and framecount.
           In the script editor there is a new 'Script Info' menu item (Ctrl+I) doing the same.
    - new: the mediainfo dialog shows the formats in the tab captions
    - new: the mediainfo dialog has a new feature to move
           to the next and previous file via menu and shortcut

- fix: docs weren't built automatically
    - fix: some bugs were fixed in the nvenc command line import feature
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4ctl2y928xkak4f/AAADEZj_hFpGQaNOdd3yqcAHa?dl=0

https://1drv.ms/f/s!ArwKS_ZUR01gySQIE1QCL2i9F_uR
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hello guys, I hope you can help me out.

I am looking for a new PC and would like to convert movies from TS to x265 with StaxRip.

My current graphics card is still sufficient for me, but it is not supported by StaxRip, i.e. the GPU.

As CPU I want a current Ryzen like the 3700x.
    Would it make more sense to invest money in a new graphics card than in a faster CPU.

Is there an overview which graphics cards I can use with Staxrip / h265?
    Or would it be better to use a Ryzen 9 3900x instead of a GPU?

Thank you Andi
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by stax76 View Post
    This ffmpeg gain detection is used since a while so it's not a new feature, it is used whenever the audio encoder has no built in normalization, maybe try a different ffmpeg build, what target audio format and encoder was that? Maybe try an audio encoder that has built in normalization like eac3to. Maybe you can also upload a sample.
    The Target Audio was mp3 and Encoder was libmp3lame I'm fairly sure.

Worked out that it was an isolated problem specifically with v4.2 of FFmpeg, as I cannot replicate\reproduce the Error on any other build of FFmpeg.
    Hanging Issue seems to be resolved in v4.2.1 of FFmpeg, and IMO, v4.2.1 should definitely be implemented into the next Stable Build of StaxRip. Not only have I not encountered any Hangs or System I/O Errors but the Muxing Speed is noticeably faster when compared to v4.2 as well.

Thanks for the assistance, and also for your ongoing contributions to what's quickly becoming one of the best pieces of Open-Source Software on the Free Market Today.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hello, although I've been using StaxRip for quite some time, I have some questions regarding encoding a DVD but also questions in general about StaxRip that have been bugging me for quite some time, I hope you could help me!
    1) Which filter should I use to deinterlace? Is yadifmod2 adequate?
    2) Is QTGMC superior even in super fast or ultra fast presets? Does SelectEven(), to keep original framerate, reduce deinterlace quality?
    3) Is there an alternative to QTGMC that offers better quality than yadif but is faster than QTGMC?
    4) When denoising, is KNLMeansCL a high-quality denoiser?
    5) When encoding audio in AAC should I keep normalize checked? What does it do? Also, which encoder is better for AAC, ffmpeg or eac3to? Why isn't it possible to specify bitrate in AAC but I have to use quality slider?
    6) In the x264 or x265 options, besides tweaking the basic options(preset,mode,etc.), is it okay leaving the other options(rate control, analysis, slice decisions tabs) at their defaults? Are these options automatically set based on the video source?

Sorry for so many questions, I'd like to learn more about StaxRip, it's such a great tool, I find it more useful and significantly faster than Handbrake!
    Last edited by expansefan; 11th Oct 2019 at 14:07. Reason: Removed unimportant questions
    Quote Quote  
  6. Haven't used staxrip in over a year. Decided to encode some videos. Started with the stable 2.4 x265
    And had errors regardless of x265 or x264, went to the beta 10 version to see if the issue was fixed, and still get the error.
    I noticed another user had this error on the last page as well.

Error Compressibility Check using x265 3.2+5-gfbe9fef31 Patman (2.0.4.10)

Compressibility Check using x265 3.2+5-gfbe9fef31 Patman failed with exit code: 1 (0x1)

The exit code might be a system error code: STATUS_WAIT_1

The exit code might be a system error code: Incorrect function.

------- Compressibility Check using x265 3.2+5-gfbe9fef31 Patman -------

C:\Users\Craig\Desktop\Stax\2.4.10\Apps\Support\av s2pipemod\avs2pipemod64.exe -y4mp "E:\Video\Planes, Trains and Automobiles\Planes, Trains and Automobiles_t00_temp\Planes, Trains and Automobiles_t00_new_CompCheck.avs" | C:\Users\Craig\Desktop\Stax\2.4.10\Apps\Encoders\x 265\x265.exe --crf 18 --output-depth 10 --frames 6664 --y4m --output "E:\Video\Planes, Trains and Automobiles\Planes, Trains and Automobiles_t00_temp\Planes, Trains and Automobiles_t00_new_CompCheck.hevc" -

& was unexpected at this time.

StaxRip.ErrorAbortException: Compressibility Check using x265 3.2+5-gfbe9fef31 Patman failed with exit code: 1 (0x1)

C:\Users\Craig\Desktop\Stax\2.4.10\Apps\Support\av s2pipemod\avs2pipemod64.exe -y4mp "E:\Video\Planes, Trains and Automobiles\Planes, Trains and Automobiles_t00_temp\Planes, Trains and Automobiles_t00_new_CompCheck.avs" | C:\Users\Craig\Desktop\Stax\2.4.10\Apps\Encoders\x 265\x265.exe --crf 18 --output-depth 10 --frames 6664 --y4m --output "E:\Video\Planes, Trains and Automobiles\Planes, Trains and Automobiles_t00_temp\Planes, Trains and Automobiles_t00_new_CompCheck.hevc" -

at StaxRip.Proc.Start() in D:\Projekte\VB\staxrip\General\Proc.vb:line 340
    at StaxRip.x265Enc.Encode(String passName, String commandLine, ProcessPriorityClass priority) in D:\Projekte\VB\staxrip\Encoding\x265Enc.vb:line 65
    at StaxRip.x265Enc.RunCompCheck() in D:\Projekte\VB\staxrip\Encoding\x265Enc.vb:line 105
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    x265 defines exit codes:

https://x265.readthedocs.io/en/default/cli.html#cmdoption-version

1 means:

1. unable to parse command line

your error output says:

I don't see an ampersand in your command line, it seems the forum software made modifications because there are paths that have a space that are not enclosed in quotes which is clearly wrong, please upload the full log file on pastebin.

Did you tweak your command interpreter cmd?

edit:

I tried to reproduce it using the same paths for the executable and the media file and it was working on my Win 10 system. What you can try is paste the command line into cmd to see if it runs there, if not try to enclose all paths with quotes.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    staxrip uses cmd for execution because piping is used in the command lines, both the 1 exit code and the "& was unexpected at this time." error message is coming from cmd and not from x265 I think. It's unclear what's wrong with the command line, it looks fine except for the spaces which probably comes from the forum software.
    Quote Quote  
  9. https://pastebin.com/embed_js/ukt4Humw

That is the old. Renamed the folders to have underscore instead of a space, and restarted the project and ran a compressibility check and received the same status wait 1 message.

Error Compressibility Check using x265 3.2+5-gfbe9fef31 Patman (2.0.4.10)

Compressibility Check using x265 3.2+5-gfbe9fef31 Patman failed with exit code: 1 (0x1)

C:\Users\Craig\Desktop\Stax\2.4.10\Apps\Support\av s2pipemod\avs2pipemod64.exe -y4mp E:\Video\Planes,_Trains_and_Automobiles\Planes,_Tr ains_and_Automobiles_t00_temp\Planes,_Trains_and_A utomobiles_t00_new_CompCheck.avs | C:\Users\Craig\Desktop\Stax\2.4.10\Apps\Encoders\x 265\x265.exe --crf 18 --output-depth 10 --frames 6664 --y4m --output E:\Video\Planes,_Trains_and_Automobiles\Planes,_Tr ains_and_Automobiles_t00_temp\Planes,_Trains_and_A utomobiles_t00_new_CompCheck.hevc -

StaxRip.ErrorAbortException: Compressibility Check using x265 3.2+5-gfbe9fef31 Patman failed with exit code: 1 (0x1)

C:\Users\Craig\Desktop\Stax\2.4.10\Apps\Support\av s2pipemod\avs2pipemod64.exe -y4mp E:\Video\Planes,_Trains_and_Automobiles\Planes,_Tr ains_and_Automobiles_t00_temp\Planes,_Trains_and_A utomobiles_t00_new_CompCheck.avs | C:\Users\Craig\Desktop\Stax\2.4.10\Apps\Encoders\x 265\x265.exe --crf 18 --output-depth 10 --frames 6664 --y4m --output E:\Video\Planes,_Trains_and_Automobiles\Planes,_Tr ains_and_Automobiles_t00_temp\Planes,_Trains_and_A utomobiles_t00_new_CompCheck.hevc -

at StaxRip.Proc.Start() in D:\Projekte\VB\staxrip\General\Proc.vb:line 340
    at StaxRip.x265Enc.Encode(String passName, String commandLine, ProcessPriorityClass priority) in D:\Projekte\VB\staxrip\Encoding\x265Enc.vb:line 65
    at StaxRip.x265Enc.RunCompCheck() in D:\Projekte\VB\staxrip\Encoding\x265Enc.vb:line 105
    Last edited by craigl281; 12th Oct 2019 at 20:51.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I tried to replicate as good as I can:

https://pastebin.com/bNSCmDNP

It appears that it has something to do with your cmd because the error message "& was unexpected at this time" is likely coming from cmd. I think that there is something wrong with your system.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Alright, I'll reinstall windows tomorrow and then let you know. Thank you for the quick replies and all of your help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    There was an article today that told deleting HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Console will reset all console settings.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Code:
    2.0.5.3 Beta
    ------------

- update: mkvtoolnix 39
    - update: mpv.net 5.4.3
    - update: NVEnc 4.55

- fix: few UI issues
    - fix: avs MCTemporalDenoise/GradFun2DBmod
    - fix: VUI luminance issue
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4ctl2y928xkak4f/AAADEZj_hFpGQaNOdd3yqcAHa?dl=0

https://1drv.ms/f/s!ArwKS_ZUR01gySQIE1QCL2i9F_uR
    Quote Quote  
  14. I'm selecting output x264, ffmpeg mp4 with 2 passes, Preset: Medium (Default) I got output "Jerky Playback" video in result. I've downloaded Staxrip latest version and tried again with said settings but same "Jerky Playback" video output.

Appreciate any advise/suggestions for this problem.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search PM
    Details, details, details. There are so many different types of (and reasons for) "jerky playback", how you call it. The minimum support requirement are probably MediaInfo reports and log files, possibly even samples of the original source and the complained copy.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Hi! Stax76

I'm selecting output x264, ffmpeg mp4 with 2 passes, Preset: Medium (Default) I got output "Jerky Playback" video in result. I've downloaded Staxrip latest version and tried again with suggestions but the result same "Jerky Playback" x264 ffmpeg mp4 output video.

Appreciate any advise/suggestions for this problem.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by deepfrayder; 15th Nov 2019 at 06:13.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search PM
    You are right, there are discontinuities. For example, there is a clear scene cut in the original video at frame 866/867. In MPC-HC I saw a double scene cut here. And loading your encoded video in VirtualDub2 to inspect this position closer, I saw that frames 863 and 864 got repeated to frame 865 and 866, instead of the double scene cut I saw in the playback. There is definitely an oddity. And I suspect that LSMASHVideoSource, which relies on the MP4 internal keyframe index, may be the reason, relying on an index chunk with possible errors.

Unrelated to StaxRip, I would try to substitute LSMASHVideoSource with LwLibavVideoSource here in the generated AviSynth script, just to test how a fresh index works.

Alternatively, you could remultiplex the original video to MKV using MKVToolnix and process that one instead, this will use LwLibavVideoSource anyway.
    __

PS: Another possible reason/solution - seeking errors when L-SMASH Works uses multi-threading in LSMASHVideoSource. Restricting it to Threads=1 might solve it as well.
    Last edited by LigH.de; 15th Nov 2019 at 06:07.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    @deepfrayder

You can change the source filter by right-clicking on the source filter, it's possible to do this before and after you load a source but it's better to do it before.

Alternatively you can choose the manual workflow template from:

Main Menu > Project > Templates > Manual Workflow

This will popup several dialogs when you open a source and in one of these dialogs you will be asked what source filter should be used.

If you want to make this a permanent change to be used by the default automatic project template and automatic filter preset then go to:

Main Menu > Tools > Settings > Source Filters

FFVideoSource is another source filter you can try.

StaxRip supports ffmpeg both as encoder and muxer but typically neither is used but rather the x264/x265 encoder and ideally mkvmerge as muxer.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm not sure if this is helpful or not, but if you open deepfrayders Staxrip encoded video (from above)
    in Avidemux it gives the message about B frames and PTS "missing or monotonically increasing"
    https://avidemux.org/smif/index.php?topic=18593.0
    Quote Quote  
  20. Hi! Stax76

Thanks for your support, I'd like to inform I'm using source filter "Automatic" as you said change the source filter. Would you like to advise what source filter I have to select before loading the source.

I uploaded the Full Log file of staxrip as said earlier if necessary on www.pastebin.com https://pastebin.com/bdRvuLEh
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Hi deepfrayder, the advice of LigH is one of the best you can get at VideoHelp.

@LigH

Since you already looked at it and HolyWu is currently active maybe you can report it to him.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Hi! Stax76

First I'd like to inform I did the change of all available source filters before loading the source manually as you advised earlier unfortunately result is the same. Any advise
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Please post a new source, Staxrip encoded and matching log, the last log did not match
    Quote Quote  
  24. Hi! everyone,

Please accept my apology for late response regarding my "Jerky Playback" output encoded video in staxrip ffmpeg mp4. I am uploading the new source files as mentioned earlier and I don't have any idea regarding matching log. If anybody advise I'll upload that also.

Looking forward for resolved this issue.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Problem exists in your source file at frame 466.
    Try FFvideosource instead of LSMASHSource for the source filter

I tested it using a simple script in Virtualdub2; FFvideosource behaves better; seems like one duplicate frame Vs. back and forth motion
    Quote Quote  
  26. Thanks for the response, I'd like to inform I have tried all the source filters manually as advised by Stax76 earlier and same recommended by you FFVideoSource. Unfortunately got the same "Jerky Playback" output video. FFVideoSource encoding video and log attached for your perusal.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by deepfrayder View Post
    Thanks for the response, I'd like to inform I have tried all the source filters manually as advised by Stax76 earlier and same recommended by you FFVideoSource. Unfortunately got the same "Jerky Playback" output video. FFVideoSource encoding video and log attached for your perusal.
    Perhaps it's the different version of FFVideosource, the version I used in my tests not the same as the Staxrip version.

Try the built in LWLibaVideoSource instead of Lsmash
    Quote Quote  
  28. I'd like to inform, I'm using built in versions of staxrip and uploading the advised built in LWLibaVideoSource encoded video again for your perusal,
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by deepfrayder View Post
    I'd like to inform, I'm using built in versions of staxrip and uploading the advised built in LWLibaVideoSource encoded video again for your perusal,
    Looks better to me, no back and forth movement. I think this is the best you'll get, there is a problem
    in the source causing this
    Last edited by davexnet; 3rd Dec 2019 at 01:32. Reason: type
    Quote Quote