+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    try using an hdmi cable from the PC to the TV
    and playing the video with MPC-ht or vlc

i think you will have better picture with the pc media player doing the upscale and sending the signal to the TV
    verus the TV's built in firmware media player
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    People prefer to buy big TV's thinking they are better, but that's not true. The more it's upscaled the worse it will look. If you want to play all resulutions 2160p, 1080, 720 and 480 then a 43'-55' is ok, anything larger is bad. 480p and 720p are in general made for 32' if you want high quality. 65' is only for 2160p or 1080p.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by kobye1 View Post
    People prefer to buy big TV's thinking they are better, but that's not true. The more it's upscaled the worse it will look. If you want to play all resulutions 2160p, 1080, 720 and 480 then a 43'-55' is ok, anything larger is bad. 480p and 720p are in general made for 32' if you want high quality. 65' is only for 2160p or 1080p.
    I agree with you.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    That kind of generality is incomplete - size & resolution issues are interdependent with viewing distance and user accuity, as well as scaling algorithm.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    That kind of generality is incomplete...
    Not just incomplete but both posts were spouting utter nonsense. Maybe you were just being polite.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    They clearly didn't read the bulk of the previous posts in this thread.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  7. That may be true, but it doesn't answer the question of the difference between watching a 480p video on a 720p TV, a 1080p TV, or a 4K TV.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Then read the first page.

I watch 480p YouTube videos sometimes on my 46' 1080p Sony and they look fine - blurry, but fine. I watch my own YouTube videos, though, and not the garbage uploaded by some clueless encoder. DVDs look good. I sit too far away, though, about 10 feet, perhaps.
    Quote Quote