VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. So i told my wife to request our wedding video in bluray because it was higher quality and just assumed it would be no problem converting it to DVD to burn copies and send to the parents (who don't have bluray). I was wrong.

I've used VSO with no luck. It was chopping off the ends of the "episodes" and adding chapters that weren't there. Even the generic menu it made didn't work right. I've never built my own menu and not sure if i really have the time to learn how to build the menu from scratch and just copying the BD menu clips (she's already complaining that I screwed up and should just pay the guy to make it in DVD as well).

Anyone have some recommendations?
    Quote Quote  
  2. A lot depends on the complexity of your Blu Ray because it sounds like you want to create all the navigation.

You're going to need to completely rip the BR apart with something like DVDfab to get all the video files, AVStoDVD is a good, free DVD authoring app where you can do a certain amount of menu re-creation.

But probably, in this case, you should listen to your wife.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Ripping and converting BluRay to DVD is a piece of cake. BD-Rebuilder and some ripping program like AnyDVD. Boom. You are done.

Converting menus from BluRay to DVD is impossible. All these years after BluRay was introduced and NOBODY has ever come up with a program to do it, not even one you can pay for. Take my word for it - the complexity of BluRay menus is extraordinary, which is why this kind of conversion can't be done, not even with "simple" menus. But if you're willing to convert to DVD and drop the menus, read my first paragraph.

Honestly, it would be quicker to do what your wife says - if you value your spare time at all. Keep in mind that in the future you may be very glad you went for the BluRay copy now so don't beat yourself up over that.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!