VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread

1. Hi!

First, I am encoding videos in Staxrip on format profile High 4.0,4.1,5.0 & 5.1 after encoding video jerking during playback.

Second, facing errors while resizing any video during encoding process for e.g. 1280x544 to 1280x720 same 1920x1040 to 1920x1080 I want to remove the errors and get the actual resolutions with required 16:9 aspect ratio or any other.

Please guide and advise.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    First: Too few details about your video source and your playback device, too many possible reasons for a "jerky playback". Bitrate exceeding limits? Interlacing not treated well? Unnecessarily forced frame rate conversion? No crystal ball available (in other words: a complete log would be a good start).

Second: If you don't show us the exact error message, we can't tell you the exact reason or even a solution.
    Quote Quote  

3. Thanks for the reply, I will go first for second and Resize error pic attached for further guidance. Actual video resolution is 1920x1040 and I m converting to 1920x1080 as pic attached check the yellow in resize section and advise.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Resize Error.JPG
Views:	213
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	50613  

Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Your sourse 1920 by 1040 and your output is 1920 by 1080. I would be guessing put they should be the same.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Actually, I want to remove the errors highlighted in Yellow at 1920x1080 with exact aspect ratio.
    Quote Quote  
  6. You can't resize from 1920x1040 to 1920x1080 without distorting the image. If you need a 1080 pixel high frame add borders rather than resizing.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you changed the output to 1920 by 1040 that highlighted error would go to zero.
    Quote Quote  
  8. That is the problem, I want to resize the video 1920x1080 with actual aspect ratio and guide how to get rid of this errors.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Then do not resize, but add borders.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    Hmm, well ... that's a filter StaxRip does not provide out-of-the-box. You would have to either add AddBorders (a kind of "opposite to Crop") to the list of provided filters, or edit the script manually. At least it is possible to do either, starting with a right-click into the "AVS Filters" box (middle left side).
    Quote Quote  
  11. Thanks for the help.

Now, I'd like to come my first issue regarding StaxRip Encoding issue called "Jerky Playback" after any video encoding using any profile Main, High... level 4.0,4.1,5 so on selecting x264, mp4 video output.
    Please advise and guide regarding the "Jerky Playback" after encoding video problem.

Hope to get positive feedback same as earlier for this issue also.
    Quote Quote