VideoHelp Forum

Poll: I Prefer The Forum With...

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I Prefer The Forum With...
    Quote Quote  
  2. I prefer the forum without !$@#^%^&, he annoys me!
    If God had intended us not to masturbate he would've made our arms shorter.
    George Carlin
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i woulda picked 3 of the choices if i could have
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Get rid of DVD to DVDR. Ripping is easy enough (Decrypter, Shrink, Smart Ripper), as well as shrinking (Shrink, DVD2One, IC). Pretty soon, it will be mot (affordable dual-layer).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Supreme2k
    Get rid of DVD to DVDR. Ripping is easy enough (Decrypter, Shrink, Smart Ripper), as well as shrinking (Shrink, DVD2One, IC). Pretty soon, it will be mot (affordable dual-layer).
    Pretty soon is not now, not to mention there will be alot of single layer drives out there for some time to come. Also you forget some of the reencode methods which are a little bit harder fthen something like DVDShrink.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This "tgpo" option is just fu**in annoying!
    It isn't funny anymore to see some stupid pool with no purpose but with "TGPO" option in it, everytime i enter this site!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Satanico Pandemonium
    It isn't funny anymore to see some stupid pool with no purpose but with "TGPO" option in it, everytime i enter this site!
    You really need to mellow out. One the more interesting about this site's polls is the creative Tgpo option, as each pollster tries to outdo each other on the Tgpo option. I hope they never stop doing it. But just like your post, this is only one man's opinion.
    Hello.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    A Fun Board To Hang Out And Have Fun, But Not Waste Server Space With Pointless Crap.
    tgpo, my real dad, told me to make a maximum of 5,806 posts on vcdhelp.com in one lifetime. So I have.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    16 out of latest 20 polls are by Tgpo. Can't see anyone tryin' to outdo...whatever...
    Quote Quote  
  10. I liked someone's suggestion which said to deduct the off topic from the post count...giving people here a chance to banter without clogging up the other categories is actually a good thing - keeps the community sense, which is one of the reasons this board is so good and is what it is ... post count is only a measure of activity, not of skill or knowledge, although if one is to survive here, hopefully those two are related..but, for those active here, I think it's nice to allow them to wear that badge of honor (and I'm not talking about me)...if someone's only intersted in post count, well, it's a (mostly) free world, so suit yourself, but in the end it doesn't really get you anywhere...if we wanted to measure 'help', a rating system could be implemented where the original poster of a topic gets one opportunity to submit the name (or maybe a few) of a person who really helped them solve their issue, and that count would be part of a person's profile...
    "As you ramble on through life, brother, whatever be your goal - keep your eye upon the doughnut and not upon the hole."
    Quote Quote  
  11. No post whores. Dispatch of that idea and all the pointless crap should disappear too, hopefully.

I like the off-topic forum.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank You!!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

I accept the removal of the post counts and apologize for going overboard in offtopic last month (again I'm sorry but I wasn't the only one).

The forum should stay as it currently is.

Kevin
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    smearbrick1, you and Satanico Pandemonium should get together and form an anti-tgpo club. You'll be the coolest guys at your middle school.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tgpo
    smearbrick1, you and Satanico Pandemonium should get together and form an anti-tgpo club. You'll be the coolest guys at your middle school.

....or failing that, just **** off.
    W.
    tgpo, my real dad, told me to make a maximum of 5,806 posts on vcdhelp.com in one lifetime. So I have.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    vegas show girls
    member since 1843
    Quote Quote  
  17. Master of Time & Space Capmaster's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DaveS
    I liked someone's suggestion which said to deduct the off topic from the post count...giving people here a chance to banter without clogging up the other categories is actually a good thing - keeps the community sense, which is one of the reasons this board is so good and is what it is ... post count is only a measure of activity, not of skill or knowledge .....
    You said yourself that the post count is not a measure of skill or knowledge. Then why remove it? A post count is merely a counter that shows how many times you have hit the "submit" button, whether it's the technical gem of the century, or a sarcastic observation on whether or not Britney Spears is the hottest thing going.

Whether the count stays away or comes back ....who cares? It's just a counter. So is "Joined Date". Is someone who joined in 2001, then forgot all about the site until 2004, when they put up 5 posts about DVD media any more valuable to this board than someone who joined this year and has been an active daily member since joining? Joined date is just as meaningless as post count. Leave them both, take away one or the other ...it doesn't matter to me since neither means anything.
    Quote Quote  
  18. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I dont see your name in the glossary,sounds like you are jealous. :P
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Think we should start a poll on this one.

-Am i jealous because my name is not in the glossary?

-Tgpo?

VOTE NOW!!!
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by Will Hay
    Originally Posted by tgpo

....or failing that, just **** off.
    W.

Ditto.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry to interrupt the ass-lickin' contest, but this "**** off" is just not nice
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry to interrupt the ass-lickin' contest, but this "**** off" is just not nice
    TK: Great, Indo, just great. Now you made SP cry. Come here, SP, let me dry your tears and wipe your nose. Give us a toot:

SP: *frnt*

There ya go.
    Hello.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Master of Time & Space Capmaster's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Neither is using tgpo's own thread to attack him.

There's a tactful way to mention it, and a nasty way. You be nasty, others will be nasty right back.

Show a little class. This isn't some 6th grade chat room.
    Quote Quote  
  24. WHAT!'

No tgpo line!!!!!!

It would be the end of civilization as we know it!
    Quote Quote  
  25. Satanico Pandemonium, would a formal warning be nicer? I will give you one if you continue to attack tgpo or anyone else.

You should perhaps just ignore this thread now that you've had your say.

Regards,

Cobra
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by NightWing
    WHAT!'

No tgpo line!!!!!!

It would be the end of civilization as we know it!
    Tell me about it. At least now we know SP has no concept of virtual reality.
    Hello.
    Quote Quote  
  27. OK, let's get back on topic. It's over now, nothing to see here. Everyone's had their say.

It seems that the people are voting FOR post counts. I am indifferent to this, but if they are to come back I would like to see two things:

- No off-topic posts to be included in the total
    - Making obscene post-whoring a cardable offence

What does everyone else think?

Cobra
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I agree with Cobra.

I just increased my post count by 1
    Quote Quote  
  29. To answer Cobra's thoughts...

Removing OT posts from the Count is fine with me,
    Making obscene post-whoring a cardable offense is fine with me.

Define obscene post-whoring enough that everybody understands what is not acceptable. I realize you can't spell out every offence, but give us some good examples to draw from.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote