VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all,

Can anyone help me before I start on a project?

I need to know if I can capture old 8mm footage from a camcorder to computer using a Belkin Videobus II and Sony Vegas Pro 10?

I am running a Windows 7 PC with 6GB ram and I also have access to WinDV and Windows Movie Maker. Apart from the old 8mm footage I have min DV tape I wish to import (my laptop has no firewire ports but does have 3 USB ports).

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Lensmeister.

p.s.
    I have Proshow Gold for photo slide shows, can Vegas also do this?
    This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    no firewire - no DVavi off the cam. never heard of that belkin but if it captures composite video i suppose it could be used. loss of quality in the video will be large.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Can anyone suggest capture software to use with the Belkin Videobus II (model F5U208) ?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Lensmeister View Post
    Can anyone suggest capture software to use with the Belkin Videobus II (model F5U208) ?
    If you can get windows to recognize the Belkin device, you should be able to capture directly into Vegas. However, Belkin released the latest drivers in 2003, so it may be too outdated.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I have a Windows XP Virtual Machine (VM) on my laptop.

Installed the drivers.

Put the Belkin Videobus II into the port and it recognized it.

Open Windows Movie Maker and tried to capture through that ..... Locked the VM up.

Rebooted the VM and installed Virtualdub but I haven't the foggiest how to use it.

I managed to get to the capture mode but it doesn't appear to work

Anyone got a quick how to guide (not the Virtualdub site) of how to capture video please.

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  6. As the purpose or utility of this particular science experiment exceeds my comprehension, I'll have to bow out here. Best of luck.
    Quote Quote  
  7. not to rain on the parade but, that capture device is very old. i have the very same one, and it didn't work that great. my suggestion would be to get a more recent version of this device. it will most certainly work better and you won't have to use a virtual operating system within windows 7. the modern device will have all the needed drivers for windows 7. i own this one from hauppauge, and it works great http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_usblive2.html
    If it's an ambulance...you got a chance. If it's a hearse...it's even worse!!!--Judge Alvin "JP" Valkenheiser

Want to extract audio from .vob files? Read my guide at https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=187078
    Quote Quote