VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I ripped Mechanic Ressurection and got: Opening credits, ok, (1½ minutes ±), then again, ok, at about 2/3rds of movie, a long black stretch several minutes, section of movie skipped, continue movie to end credits, then, that skipped section of the movie.
    All there, just outta order. (rip w/ anydvd -> dvdshrink to movie only) (tried fixvts, same issue)

Also, 'The Sea of Trees' would not rip properly, got a black screen with (turned on chapter/time on media player) each chapter about one second long, chapters tik tik tik to end, all black screen.
    Interesting thing 'Trees' dvd properties = 8 ± gigs, open & properties of video_ts = about 78 gigs, but copy/paste video_ts to hdd took about what it takes to transfer 8 gigs. Open video_ts, select all, copy & paste, took 45 min - 1hr. (<-just experimenting!)
    Had to watch movie from dvd. Tried dvdpasskey lite, same problem/results.

Ideas/thoughts/suggestions??

-c-
    Yes, no, maybe, I don't know, Can you repeat the question?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    The first film is a Lionsgate film and that's apparently part of their protection, scrambling up the scenes.
    I've seen this on some of their Blu-rays. On a BD, you can sometimes use a different .mpls from the playlist and
    tsMuxeR to get the correct file. Some, I just give up and play from the disc instead of backing up to MKV.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try the latest version of dvdfab 10
    Quote Quote