VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all. I'm in a bit of pickle. I had something stolen from my house, and while reviewing the security camera video on my Zmodo IP camera system the power went out. Well this corrupted the calendars header file for that day called a recfilelist, removing the entire day from my view. So that blocked me from viewing the videos through the Zmodo DVR. I was able to pull the video files from the hard drive and they are .264 files. Nothing I've tried has been able to open or convert them. And I've tried about 20 tools. Not sure what the magic trick is.

If anyone would like to take a peek at the files I've added Dropbox links to two samples. I'm willing to send someone a few beers worth of money for their time if they can figure out how to get them to play.

THANKS!

Steve

Sample1
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/xbcf50a7b38ggh5/recfile_-170605-053111-053141-51P30400.264?dl=0

Sample2
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/buyobc9mkfmt3q3/recfile_-170605-050842-053111-51P10300.264?dl=0

Recfilelist
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/buyobc9mkfmt3q3/recfile_-170605-050842-053111-51P10300.264?dl=0
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well there is certainly information in the first sample, and there seems to be P frames in the file (according to H.265/H.264 BS Analyzer) but can't seem to play them. Might help to post a file that is actually playable from this camera, does not have to be related to this theft.
    Last edited by KarMa; 5th Jun 2017 at 22:39.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    FFprobe says they are 264 files in name only. I note they all have a file signature of 78 56 34 12, which is 12345678h in little-endian order. Looks like an ad hoc signature for a proprietary format.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for looking. I might try to modify the Recfilelist file at this point. It is also gibberish inside, but I can see file names. Any other suggestions would be appreciated!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    For anyone that finds this thread, what I ended up doing was pulling the recfilelist from a working day and modifying it to match the broken .264 file names. I then moved the edited recfilelist back to its place on the DVR, and moved the broken .264 into the appropriate folder as well. It worked fine, except for the time stamps were off, but the onscreen stamps were fine. But it was better than nothing. It was a lengthy process which I did in batches that matched the working dates file count. And if you make a mistake editing the recfilelist file (the stops and starts are goofy) no video files will display for that date and time period. You will have to work with the file to make sure it is in the exact format expected by the dvr.
    Quote Quote