VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi..
    I've recorded a DVB-C movie with selectable subtitles, which can be turned on and off, when I playback in VLC player! However my big TV can't display them, when playing the movie!! I've tried to hardcopy them in Handbrake, making a mkv, but there is no visable subtitles in the TS-file, when I open it?!

What software can make an MKV with hard subtitles from the recorded TS-file?

I'm not interested in making the "subs" to srt, because it takes too long, being in Danish :-\

Hope anyone can help
    Quote Quote  
  2. Sample? MediaInfo? Not all DVB subtitles are created equal.

Originally Posted by bagmand View Post
    I'm not interested in making the "subs" to srt, because it takes too long, being in Danish :-\
    Surely Subtitle Edit comes with OCR/dictionary for Danish seeing as the author is from Denmark?
    Quote Quote  
  3. It looks like you're dealing with so called dvb subtitles which handbrake does not see or convert. What you need is dvd subtitles in order to be converted in handbrake or mkv toolnix for that matter.
    It's relative easy to do in ffmpeg:
    1 You start in ffmpeg with the command: ffmpeg -i your imputfile press enter
    ffmpeg wil report back the streams in the inputfile like videostream audio stream en subtite stream (dvdsub)
    write that down or remeber.
    Your next ffmpeg coomand is: ffmpeg -i your inputfile -map 0:0 (video stream) map 0:1 audio stream -map 0:2 (subtitle stream) -vcodec copy -acodec copy -scodec dvdsub your outpufile.mkv.
    Don't type in videstream or audiostream, just -map 0:0 and so on for the number of streams you want to remux.
    Let it run and after that you can use handbrake with your out.mkv.
    Quote Quote