VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    This is good reading ... very interesting.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok, I buy the Same HD DVD PLAYER (XBOX 360)
    I put it on my PC (Windows Vista ultimate 64 bits, Core 2 duo, Evga 8800 gtx latest Drives, 2 gb)
    with the Powerdvd 7.2 (HD edition)
    and my 22" Asus Mw221u (HDCP Copilant) (it says in the sticker in the front)

Ok I put the king kong HD and open the software...
    and a little bar in the windows start to count 1, 2, 3, 4.... and in the number 7 stop. (the the message that some ploblem and is gonna close)
    Then I try Batman begins, and now stop in the number 12....

Then I put the accelerator pure video codec in powerdvd and put the HD DVD of Last Samurai and stop now in the Number 16

I give up, I already read alot of forums, pages, webs, and nothing... How ca I make this work like You???
    Im disapointeed do I returned, or what.. (I try the powerdvd TOOL to see if I got everithing to see HD MOVIES)
    And I pass all the test (with green lights) so whats Wrong??
    The monitor? the software? what...

I see this topic and sound very easy....
    Quote Quote  
  3. did you download the driver from windowsupdate site?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I would download a trial version of anydvd and see if playback would work using this tool.

URL: http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello , i am also running the XBOX 360 HDDVD player on my computer. To keep from having to buy expensive Graphic cards or other hardware, down load the Anydvd hd program. This will allow you to run the XBOX 360 HDDVD, along with powerdvd 7.1 or 7.2 on any computer. I am currently using the ATI X1300 graphics card, connected to my monitor via DVI cable, running ANYDVDHD, and PowerDVD 7.1, and i am able to watch High Quality HD movies through my XBOX 360 HD player connected to my computer via USB.

[/img]

Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok so if I get an xbox 360 hd dvd player , will I be able to use the rgb cable from my pc to my projector to watch hd-dvds?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by louthewiz
    Ok so if I get an xbox 360 hd dvd player , will I be able to use the rgb cable from my pc to my projector to watch hd-dvds?
    I don't believe so. You would need the hdcp certified units. Your alternative would be to rip the hddvd to the pc then you can play it back without the encryption at full res over regular cables.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by yoda313
    Originally Posted by louthewiz
    I don't believe so. You would need the hdcp certified units. Your alternative would be to rip the hddvd to the pc then you can play it back without the encryption at full res over regular cables.
    Wait, I was under the impression that you don't need HDCP components if you are outputting using analog signals like component and VGA and that an HDCP video card is only necessary for digital connectivity like DVI-D/I and HDMI. Can someone confirm this because I was planning on buying an xbox HD-DVD add-on. As I understand it, you need to following for an HD output using analog:

PC with decent CPU and fast graphics card.
    Xbox HD-DVD player
    These drivers for the player.
    PowerDVD HD edition
    AnyDVD HD

Other than the (arguably) visual advantages of digital signals, the limitation of using component is that it can't carry a 1080P signal. Unless you have a very high end projector, this shouldn't be a problem for you.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    People like me that have a HDTV want to watch HD movies on our TV. We all know that a HD TV Player can cost you anywherez from $300 bux and up well as of 08.03.07 I heard you can use a XBOX external drive an hook it up to up to your PC. YOU DONT NEED THE XBOX CONSOLE!! Some of you may ya ... ya right! So I did some some checking and decided to try it. Its No Big Deal and it works No hacking or any of that BS... Its a Plug And Play Setup! ....ya baby. I went to Walmart and picked up a XBOX External HD-DVD Drive just like in the link below for $169 bux. This is the only drive that I know of that will run at "1080p" most run that I have seen run only at "1080i" An added plus You get a Free HD-DVD Copy of King Kong

Check out this site:

http://legitreviews.com/article/532/1/

No hacking no BS. Its plug and play dude!

All I did was install the drive. It comes with its own USB connector. I pluged in the power supply and connected the USP connector to my computer and Vista saw the device but did not find any driver. No big deal.... I went to Windows Update and it installed the driver for my new XBOX External HD-Drive and it worked fine. It dont get any easier than that.

Special Note:

1. You must have a good Video Card. Im running a ATI X1950 Crossfire and it works great!

2. A 3.0 or faster machine!

3. Lotza Ram ( I run 4 gigs ) but Im sure 2 gigs will be plenty

4. Get a copy of CyberLink PowerDVD 7.0 HD-DVD Software. ( Im sure you can get it anywhere hehehehe )

5. Im running Vista Ultimate 64 bit.

Thats it! Im living proof it works and for $169 Bux I can now run HD-DVD movies on my computer yea baby

Enjoy
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Hozer
    Special Note:

1. You must have a good Video Card. Im running a ATI X1950 Crossfire and it works great!

2. A 3.0 or faster machine!

3. Lotza Ram ( I run 4 gigs ) but Im sure 2 gigs will be plenty

4. Get a copy of CyberLink PowerDVD 7.0 HD-DVD Software. ( Im sure you can get it anywhere hehehehe )

5. Im running Vista Ultimate 64 bit.

Thats it! Im living proof it works and for $169 Bux I can now run HD-DVD movies on my computer yea baby

Enjoy
    My God, with those specs it would be cheaper and easier for me to just buy a standalone player!
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by Hozer
    This is the only drive that I know of that will run at "1080p" most run that I have seen run only at "1080i" An added plus You get a Free HD-DVD Copy of King Kong
    I think since Aug 1st anyone who buy the external HD DVD can apply to the 5 free HD DVD promotion, check it out.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Hozer . you didn't bring anything new .WiReTaP explained it all in the 1st post
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Alright, now I'm really confused. I thought the BIG announcement was that Microsoft cut the price of this player to $179 last week. Now, I find this post that started last year with the player for only $160. Seems to me the price has gone up, or at least up then done. Wow, some bargain!!! Microsoft pulled another one on us! I can't believe you people support these guys.
    Quote Quote  
  14. he used a "$40 off coupon"

it was at bestbuy August 1 selling for $149

don't forget the 5 free HD DVD promotion
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Excellent post. Got my Xbox HD-DVD after reading this.

1. Installed the Toshiba drivers since XP was annoying with "New Hardware" all the time. (to find the drivers google = XBOX360-1.HD-DVDRom.UDF.Reader.v2.5)
    2. Installed AnyDVD
    3. Installed PowerDVD 6.5
    4. Reboot

Works like a charm except one anoying thing is i can get rid of the PIP. Any ideas?
    Also, how do i tell the resolution its rendering?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi all... thanx for the info so far... i just recently got my xbox hd player to work on my pc, it looks and sounds fantastic, but ive run into another snag. Apparently one of my movies (heroes disc 2) requires those damn cookies that you can only get (at least it seems like) if you have an xbox 360. which i dont. SO does anyone know how to either bypass this feature on the dvd or maybe theres a way to crack it or something... Someone please enlighten me with some wisdom. I am using power DVD ultra and disabling cookies does not work.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by adj
    hi all... thanx for the info so far... i just recently got my xbox hd player to work on my pc, it looks and sounds fantastic, but ive run into another snag. Apparently one of my movies (heroes disc 2) requires those damn cookies that you can only get (at least it seems like) if you have an xbox 360. which i dont. SO does anyone know how to either bypass this feature on the dvd or maybe theres a way to crack it or something... Someone please enlighten me with some wisdom. I am using power DVD ultra and disabling cookies does not work.
    I don't have the XboX 360 nor the XboX HD-DVD player but there are HD-DVD rippers available so I would imagine that you should be able to rip the HD-DVD to the HDD of your computer and then play it from the HDD.

See the following link: https://www.videohelp.com/tools/sections/decrypters-bd-hd-dvd

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    can some one help me?

i have the 360 hd dvd player, PowerDVD Ultra 7.5, my pc is running a p4, 3.2ghz, Nvidia 7300gs 512mb, and a gig of ram.

here is the thing, i just got a LG L226WTQ-BF from Best Buy. here is the question of the day: Is mt new LG HD???

im very new to this HD stuff so any and all help would be great
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Can anyone tell me if this can burn CDs or DVDs?
    Just like any normal external USB 2.0 drive.
    Quote Quote