VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am having problems getting any output from TXMUXER to play on a BD-RE. I have tsmuxed numerous mkv files all with no errors and then burned the output to BD-RE.

When I burn the project as UDP 2.5 the disc does not load.
    If I go with automatic UDP, the disc loads and appears it's about to play but I get a black screen.
    In another instance I was able to get the disc to play on my PS3 with audio but no video.

The mkv files are dvr rips of the Olympics broadcasts.

I need some help here as this is my first foray into BD burning. I followed the TSMUXER tutorial to a tee but I get nothing playable.
    I am burning with Nero 9.0.9.4b. There are 2 folders, BDMV and CERTIFICATE that I am burning. Does the .meta file created by tsmuxer need to be burned as well?

Thanks,
    T
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by tjubb
    I am having problems getting any output from TXMUXER to play on a BD-RE. I have tsmuxed numerous mkv files all with no errors and then burned the output to BD-RE.

When I burn the project as UDP 2.5 the disc does not load.
    If I go with automatic UDP, the disc loads and appears it's about to play but I get a black screen.
    In another instance I was able to get the disc to play on my PS3 with audio but no video.

The mkv files are dvr rips of the Olympics posted on usenet and the other file is an mkv of a BD rip.

I need some help here as this is my first foray into BD burning. I followed the TSMUXER tutorial to a tee but I get nothing playable.
    I am burning with Nero 9.0.9.4b. There are 2 folders, BDMV and CERTIFICATE that I am burning. Does the .meta file created by tsmuxer need to be burned as well?

Thanks,
    T
    The video has to be compliant either with blu-ray and/or ps3 specs. (e.g. if you have more than 3 b-frames it won't play. If you have higher than AVC level 4.1 it won't play, etc.... If you have non 1980x1080 video size, you have to add borders to make it that size, and you need to have the proper VBV size or it will studder)

PS3 is more forgiving and will play more formats than a standard blu-ray player

You can use mediainfo (view=>text) or avinaptic to see the parameters. It it doesn't fall within spec, it won't play and you will have to re-encode it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by poisondeathray
    The video has to be compliant either with blu-ray and/or ps3 specs. (e.g. if you have more than 3 b-frames it won't play. If you have higher than AVC level 4.1 it won't play, etc.... If you have non 1980x1080 video size, you have to add borders to make it that size, and you need to have the proper VBV size or it will studder)

PS3 is more forgiving and will play more formats than a standard blu-ray player

You can use mediainfo (view=>text) or avinaptic to see the parameters. It it doesn't fall within spec, it won't play and you will have to re-encode it.
    Thanks for the fast reply! Here is the output from Mediainfo. Is ReFrames the same as what you were referring to as b-frames? Can you point me to a tutorial that will help me get files into the proper BD format?

Format : Matroska
    File size : 4.37 GiB
    Duration : 1h 26mn
    Overall bit rate : 7 265 Kbps
    Encoded date : UTC 2008-09-25 12:39:50
    Writing application : mkvmerge v2.2.0 ('Turn It On Again') built on Mar 4 2008 12:58:26
    Writing library : libebml v0.7.7 + libmatroska v0.8.1

Video
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : High@L3.1
    Format settings, CABAC : Yes
    Format settings, ReFrames : 5 frames
    Muxing mode : Container profile=Unknown@3.1
    Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
    Bit rate : 5 432 Kbps
    Nominal bit rate : 5 754 Kbps
    Width : 1 280 pixels
    Height : 688 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 1.860
    Frame rate : 23.976 fps
    Resolution : 24 bits
    Colorimetry : 4:2:0
    Scan type : Progressive
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.273
    Writing library : x264 core 64 r987 e71168d
    Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=5 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=umh / subme=6 / psy_rd=1.0:0.0 / brdo=1 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=6 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / mbaff=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=1 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=1 / wpredb=1 / bime=1 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=25 / scenecut=40(pre) / rc=2pass / bitrate=5754 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / ip_ratio=1.40 / pb_ratio=1.30 / aq=1:1.00
    Language : English

Audio
    Format : DTS
    Format/Info : Digital Theater Systems
    Codec ID : A_DTS
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 1 536 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 6 channels
    Channel positions : Front: L C R, Surround: L R, LFE
    Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
    Resolution : 24 bits
    Quote Quote  
  4. No reframes is reference frames. I think 5 breaks compliance (max is 3). You also have b-pyramids which break compliance. Also, your video dimension of 1280x680 is a non standard dimension, and you have no VBV buffer

You basically have to re-encode the whole thing using a compliant profile, but you will get a deterioration in quality since this is a lossy format. I would start with the original Blu-ray . This thread will probably get locked anyway since the acquisition your source is kind of "shady"
    Quote Quote