VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have an ISO that's something like 19gb. This is WAY too much. I don't need it to be a blu-ray, as I have no way of putting it on an actual disc. What I would like to do is convert the ISO into an mp4 file of just the movie with at least the stereo mix, if not the 5.1 mix. Is there any way to do this ? I've tried several programs, but none of them would work. If someone here actually knows how to do this, would it be possible for me to upload the ISO somewhere so that you can take it and make it an mp4 and put it somewhere so that I could download it ?

Thanks.
    Think about this. Once bread becomes toast, you can't make it back into bread.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ISO is just an image. Start by mounting it in Windows Explorer and see what the contents are.
    Quote Quote  
  3. For a MAC:

Open the ISO with MakeMKV. Select what to keep.
    Convert it to MP4 with HandBrake.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by videobruger View Post
    For a MAC:

Open the ISO with MakeMKV. Select what to keep.
    Convert it to MP4 with HandBrake.
    I have a Lenovo laptop. But thanks...
    Quote Quote  
  5. Also for Windows.

I chosed MAC compatible software since that's what your comupter detail says.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    ISO is just an image. Start by mounting it in Windows Explorer and see what the contents are.
    In a folder called Stream, there are several files. There's one called 0001, that's 22 gb. It's an M2TS file...whatever that means. When I open THAT file, the movie plays, and also gives me the choice of all the audio streams. Can I convert THIS to an mp4 ? Would it keep the multiple audio streams ? I'm trying that right now. So...we'll see, I guess.
    Quote Quote