VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I have tryed to learn to use FFMPEG but I have difficult with the program to use...
    I don't want type command line, so I have downloaded FFQueue.
    I haven't understud where and how to insert commands, can you help me to begin, please?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Just use Handbrake to convert/encode video.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I don't need to convert video, for this I use ShanaEncoder.

My goal is to learn coding with FFMPEG to write a queue demuxer/muxer for SE, and I have problems because the code line is splitted in many fields in the paramenters window...

If I 'm not able to do this, I want release the same job in FFQueue.

I have found this tutorial:
    https://lukas.zapletalovi.com/posts/2021/demux-mux-and-cut-mp4-in-ffmpeg/
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Antonio1989 View Post
    Hi,

I don't want type command line, so I have downloaded FFQueue.
    AND

Originally Posted by Antonio1989 View Post
    My goal is to learn coding with FFMPEG to write a queue demuxer/muxer for SE, and I have problems because the code line is splitted in many fields in the paramenters window...
    Is too me contradictory...

Not sure how to help you as ffmpeg is command line type program...

Perhaps this can be more helpful https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/WikiStart

Anyway you should be more familiar with ffmpeg documentation located at https://ffmpeg.org/documentation.html
    Quote Quote  
  5. I know what you mean...

I don't want use anymore the old ms-dos windows (it's too slow).
    The perfect program for me is one where, in a gui, I have to insert only the command and all the other functions are visual.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Antonio1989 View Post
    I don't want use anymore the old ms-dos windows (it's too slow).
    Since Windows NT there is no MSDOS in Windows, alternatively to CMD you may use PowerShell and in fact both environments are faster than GUI.

Originally Posted by Antonio1989 View Post
    The perfect program for me is one where, in a gui, I have to insert only the command and all the other functions are visual.
    So there is plenty of GUI's for ffmpeg, and technically i never use command line to run ffmpeg, instead using batch (script) with many commands inside - this work as single command and you can even drag & drop so in fact no commands required.

This is most convenient way of working with ffmpeg IMHO. I can't imagine to put all stuff like bellow in command line without batch:

Code:
    ffmpeg -re -y -hide_banner -loglevel 8 -stats -f lavfi -i "color=c=gray:s=hd1080:r=50:d=-1,drawtext='fontsize=136:fontcolor=black@0.8:box=1:boxcolor=white@0.5:boxborderw=16:fontfile=blah.ttf:text=%{localtime\\: %d\\\\\\/%m\\\\\\/%y %H\\\\\\:%M\\\\\\:%S }:x=(w-tw)/2:y=2*th+(h-th)/2',drawtext='fontsize=136:fontcolor=white@0.8:box=1:boxcolor=black@0.5:boxborderw=16:fontfile=blah.ttf:timecode=''00\\:00\\:00\\:00'':r=50:x=(w-tw)/2:y=(h-th)/2',drawtext='fontsize=136-64:fontcolor=white@0.8:box=1:boxcolor=black@0.75:boxborderw=16:fontfile=blah.ttf:text='blahblah':x=(w-tw)/2:y=th',scale='720:576:sws_flags=bilinear:sws_dither=0:in_range=1:out_range=1',setdar=dar=16/9,tinterlace=mode=interleave_top,format=pix_fmts=yuv420p,setpts=PTS-STARTPTS" -c:v mpeg2video -profile:v 4 -level:v 8 -mpv_flags +skip_rd+strict_gop -q:v 4 -maxrate:v 14999K -bufsize:v 1835k -flags:v +ilme+ildct+cgop+low_delay+qscale -slices 4 -thread_type +slice+frame -dc 10 -intra -g 1 -bf 0 -top 1 -non_linear_quant 0 -alternate_scan 1 -seq_disp_ext 1 -sc_threshold 2G -me_method 0 -motion_est 0 -subq 0 -mbd 0 -precmp zero -skipcmp zero -ps 1316 -color_primaries 5 -color_trc 5 -colorspace 5 -color_range 2 -an -dn -sn -f mpegts -start_at_zero -muxrate 44000588.0 -mpegts_original_network_id 3 -mpegts_transport_stream_id 3 -mpegts_service_id 3 -mpegts_pmt_start_pid 32 -mpegts_start_pid 64 -streamid 0:512 -metadata "service_provider=blahblah" -metadata "service_name=blahblah" -tables_version 0 -mpegts_service_type 0x01 -y "udp://232.0.35.1:1000?pkt_size=1316"
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    Just use Handbrake to convert/encode video.
    +1. Beginners have a hard enough time learning encoding with handbrake anyway, video encoding is complex.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Captures & Restoration lollo's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    This is most convenient way of working with ffmpeg IMHO
    +1. No GUI for me, command line preferred; if command line is too complex, write a batch script
    Quote Quote