VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Also, I guess that there is no problem with my HD PVR? It looks perfect when it appears on screen as I record.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Did you click "Apply"? In the Project Settings dialog box?

1) Open Vegas to a new empty project.
    2) Open Project Properties dialog.
    3) Click "Match Media" button.
    4) Choose(click on) the media file you want to match to.
    5) Click "Apply" then "Save" in the dialog box
    6) Go to project media and import the file.
    7) Drag it to the timeline.

Now, tell me what you see.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I open Vegas, first, project, open, then select my video. Place it in timeline, then gone back to project, properties, match media, select my video, open it. Then it shows project properties settings.. Custom 720x480.... click apply, then ok and it stays offset. Im guessing I'm not, somehow, finding what my media settings are, but I'm not sure. I don't expect you to keep replying man, I know it's a pain in the ass dealing with a dummy. Sorry man.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    first click project, open, select my video, ok, place it in timeline and move it to far left, back to project, then properties, match media, goes to my videos again, select my video, open it, it show project properties again, custom 720x480..., click apply, then ok & the media appears the same offset. I think I'm still not matching them correctly but not sure I know how to find the video i recorded's properties, not sure, don't expect you to keep replying, I know it's a pain in the ass dealing w/ someone stupid to the subject.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    OK, well what you got there is a video recorded from the composite(RWY) input, that's SD.

What do you mean by "offset"? Open the pan/crop tool and right click on the image, then click "match output aspect ration".

Did you dink around with other settings in options? If so, go back and set everything to default and start over.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is how the entire video is centered. I can send dimension under the image if that was what you meant. Thank you so much man!

Name:  Image1.jpg
Views: 1172
Size:  12.8 KB
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Do you have "Adjust Source Media To Better Match..." checked? In the project properties?

If so, there must be something wrong with the header in the file. What it looks like to me is that the video is HD, but the header says it's SD.

So change your project to HD 720p30 and see what happens.

Just because the video plays OK in VLC or whatever, doesn't prove anything. These players are designed to play anything no matter what. Vegas is an editor, and will believe the specs first.
    Last edited by budwzr; 7th Sep 2011 at 11:35.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    By offset, I'm referring to when you look at that screenshot I sent, Dead Island should be set/centered in the middle of the viewing screen. It appears, referring to a weapon reticle, offset, where the reticle is in the bottom right of the screen, as is the title of the screenshot is, instead of being centered properly. I'm not sure about settings. I've uninstalled & reinstalled Vegas once. Maybe I should try that again? I'll try to reset all to default. Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I also followed the 7 steps, importing instead of opening, and doing everything exactly as you posted & it still opened off center.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by damonj_3 View Post
    I'll try to reset all to default. Thank you!
    Please do.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I do have that checked. I'll see if I can make that HD change & see what happens. I'm guessing that's found in the "Template" dropdown in properties? I'll check it out, Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    this is what it showed when changed height to 30 & left width at 720.
    Image Attached Images  
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by damonj_3 View Post
    this is what it showed when changed height to 30 & left width at 720.
    Set the height to 480.

Hey, good luck, I have to go out for the day. Hopefully someone with more knowledge than me will step in.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Wow man, I just uploaded the video as it was to my YouTube channel to post in the comment section, "Can anyone explain why this is displaying incorrectly editing it through Sony Vegas?" And the rendering & upload appear just like a normal video. Everything is perfectly centered! I wonder why it appears that way in Vegas, then when I render and upload it to YouTube it was fine? QuickestTrigger is my screen name on YouTube if you are curious. I don't know what to say or do now?!
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK, I really appreciate all of your input man, I hope you have a good one! Thanks so much again!!
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i un & reinstalled Vegas and a person in a different forum on here replied asking me that a video clip would help. I did a 10sec clip. I appeared off center as it always does in the preview box. It showed Project: 720x480x32, 60.006p, Preview: 360x240x32, 60.006p & Display: 578x424x42. I'm not a genius, but should they not all be the same?
    Also...
    I usually name the project, after it's rendered, "...... Rendered." When I click upload, since I'm new to editing & uploading to YouTube, there are usually 2 videos from the project I'd just edited & rendered. One is a "Video Clip" & the other is a "mp4". I assume you choose to upload the mp4 to YouTube? Is that the correct way to upload videos? Could ya let me know, I'd greatly appreciate it, Thank you very much!
    Damon

Also, to enter text, do you drag the video in the timeline just short of the very left to leave space to create that? Like if I wanted to Create a title for the video before the actual gameplay starts? I know you have to also click something to smoothly transition that into the gameplay, but I'm not sure on that either. Thank you all for your help, you really don't know how much I greatly appreciate it!!!!
    I know that you have better things to do than dick around w/ me, so if or when you get a chance is fine, doesn't have to be immediately or at all. Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hey man, you need to calm down and organize your thoughts before posting. You're just rattling on and on and nobody wants all the stress.

EDIT: Hey, I just looked through this whole thread and Poison tried to help you and you just keep going around in circles. GO BACK to the beginning of this thread and read each post and respond in a way that follows along with the help offered or else you're on your own.
    Last edited by budwzr; 8th Sep 2011 at 22:24.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by Nycozi View Post
    I am hoping since this is a support sight directly for this kind of thing that this can be sorted

I recently invested in a HD PVR and set it up on 1280 x 720 and it shows my xboxs screen fine no cutting what so ever.
    it also records a mp4 fine as well.

As you can see on this screenshot the video is 1280 x 720 and there is not cutting at all

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...xampleone.png/

However when i import the video into Sony vegas for some reason the video is reduced to 720 x 480 and in the preview a good 3/4 of the video has been cut off to the point were only the top left of the video which is the radar in this case can be seen.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/801/example2a.png/

I have also rendered said video and it has been cut off. The reason i use sony vegas is to combine the video and a commentary of the lets play from audacity.

I have looked over the internet for the fix for this which has included turning off the keeping set ratio which gets rid of the black boards but does not fix the problem of 3/4 of the video being cut off.

Is this a common problem with Vegas and should i buy another editing software instead?

Sorry to double post but i seemed to have figured it out I needed to change it from Mp4 recording to M2TS then use the built in converter to change that to a mp4 which set it as 1280 X 720. I am rendering now hopefully all is well

Sorry to post again but i can't seem to see a edit option for my posts. I used the HD PVR built in converter called Media converter 4 platium and it has as ive said converted into a 1280 x 720 mp4 file..but with no sound?..Im really lost on what to do
    How did you get this to work? where the HD PVR records 1280x720 but the vegas says the video was 720x480. Even when the project properties was 1280x720. How did u get this fixed?
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search PM
    I've read through a lot of the threads to find the answer (if there's one) to this question: When I put a gameplay video in the timeline on Sony Vegas 11, it will crash if the resolution is 720 or higher. It takes around 5 secs to crash. I just updated the software, before it would take a little longer to crash, and the video wouldn't stream (only showing first image of video). I also had the problem with MP4 just showing upper right of screen, but started recording in M2TS which fixed the problem. Hauppauge HD PVR came with Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD platinum 11, and from what I've been reading, no one can get video's in the timeline without Vegas crashing. Is this a Sony/ Hauppage problem? Recording from XBOX360....is there something I need to set in the XBOX (besides resolution)?....I've been searching/working/smh for over two weeks. Tried contacting Hauppage and Sony, both sent back trouble shooting emails that are absolutly no help. Any help, or pointing me to a forum that answers my crashing question would not only be appreciated, but I may ask you to marry me!!! j/k....but really
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by kW 4 View Post
    I've read through a lot of the threads to find the answer (if there's one) to this question: When I put a gameplay video in the timeline on Sony Vegas 11, it will crash if the resolution is 720 or higher. It takes around 5 secs to crash. I just updated the software, before it would take a little longer to crash, and the video wouldn't stream (only showing first image of video). I also had the problem with MP4 just showing upper right of screen, but started recording in M2TS which fixed the problem. Hauppauge HD PVR came with Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD platinum 11, and from what I've been reading, no one can get video's in the timeline without Vegas crashing. Is this a Sony/ Hauppage problem? Recording from XBOX360....is there something I need to set in the XBOX (besides resolution)?....I've been searching/working/smh for over two weeks. Tried contacting Hauppage and Sony, both sent back trouble shooting emails that are absolutly no help. Any help, or pointing me to a forum that answers my crashing question would not only be appreciated, but I may ask you to marry me!!! j/k....but really
    Do you try record with VIRTUALDUB / VH CAPTURE / AMARECTV??

If no try it using UT VIDEO CODEC (ULY2 codec) or LAGARITH (YUY2).

Try and reply.

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search PM
    Yea, figured it out....thnx
    Quote Quote