VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi ! I've downloaded the VCDImager Demo VCD, burned it with fireburner, and played in on my XWAVE player.
    I've the following problems :
    1.Seamless chapters freeze and say indefinitely on the image before next chapter (it play chapter 1 and stops). If I start on chapter 2, it plays chapter 2 and stops before chapter 3.
    2.When I return to the main menu, I have to wait that the sequence of higlighted menu items ends before I can choose an item and play it.
    Has anyone the same problem on an XWAVE LB-900 or any other Standalone DVD player ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I also have tested the VCDImager Demo VCD and had the same problem with you.
    - Entry point test, cannot skip to next entrypoint while playing and if I started at the first entrypoint it stopped before the third entrypoint. At every entrypoints pause or sound skip still occure (not play continueusly).
    - Cannot use funtion GOTO and FF/RW while playing movie clips.
    My stand alone player is APEX AD660.
    Burning method - CDRwin at 4x
    Media - CDRW 74 MINS

BTW, This version of APEX (APEX AD660 8-MM) is not supported when using VCDImager (Cannot play (S)VCD with entrypoints correctly and GOTO function does not work)
    Quote Quote  
  3. It's under control...

The entrypoint problem is not due to the entrypoint itself, but rather because I used the same mpeg sequence for the autopause test. It is pausing because of the autopause setting (which I just happened to have put at 30s and 60s as well). This issue was first picked up after I finished authoring the disc (and is in fact noted in the addendum of the read me file).

When you play the main menu first off, there is no pausing right? The main menu also uses entrypoints in a similar manner.

As for problems setting options on the menu return, it could be because I didn't insert regular mpeg sequence headers -- it would probably work if I did...

Also, not all players are equal. Somebody else mentioned that they had some problems accessing menu options on an animated selection item with an Apex, but it worked fine with their ?Pioneer. I also don't have a problem in this regard with my stand-alone VCD player.

In the next version of the disc, I will address these issues.

I again stress: if the main menu can play seemlessly from beginning to end, then ENTRYPOINTS work! The specific entrypoints example on that demo VCD is FLAWED (and this issue is known and in the readme file).

Regards.
    Michael Tam
    w: Morsels of Evidence
    Quote Quote