VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    For making my stored AVCHD videos in playable blu rays. Do you think Roxio Toast Titanium is the best? The last version of Toast I used was 11, and it needed some annoying "blu ray plugin" which is NOT included. Pissed me off something fierce.
    Are there any alternatives?

I already have a Blu ray burner drive.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Dual boot into windows and use BDtoAVCHD or BDRebuilder.

But I don't know any other free solution for mac. If you find something let me know.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Dual boot into windows and use BDtoAVCHD or BDRebuilder.

But I don't know any other free solution for mac. If you find something let me know.
    No dual bootinginto Windows.

Doesn't have to be free.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There isn't much for OS X beyond Roxio Toast Titanium 14 with the $20 Toast 14 High-Def/Blu-ray Disc Plug-in. You can subscribe to Adobe Creative Cloud to gain access to Adobe Premiere Pro CS6, which includes Adobe Encore CS6. Note that Encore CS6 is not available with a trial subscription. Although I am dubious about both of them, the only other OSX options I could find are DVDFab Blu-ray Creator for Mac and Leawo Blu-ray Creator for Mac
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That's what I thought. Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by techiejustin View Post
    For making my stored AVCHD videos in playable blu rays. Do you think Roxio Toast Titanium is the best? The last version of Toast I used was 11, and it needed some annoying "blu ray plugin" which is NOT included. Pissed me off something fierce.
    Are there any alternatives?

I already have a Blu ray burner drive.
    Just some thoughts.

(1.) I use MAKEMKV (free) to rip MY bluray discs. This extracts individual files from the BD, it doesn't copy or extract the navigation/menu etc.

(2.) I use HANDBRAKE (free) to compress or reencode the MKV files from MAKEMKV and make MP4 or MKV files. Picture quality is maintained.

(3.) I use AVT Chapterit (available from the Apple Mac Store) to add chapters. (Only works with MP4 file. I just change the MKV suffix to MP4, add chapters, then change it back. It works).

(4.) I use TOAST (which you already have) to burn the MKV or MP4 or M4V files to a blank BD disc.

(5.) Burning these files with TOAST.
    - Select DATA
    - Select DVD-ROM (UDF)
    - Create a new DISC. (Click on CREATE A NEW DISK).

(6.) Drag each MKV or MP4 file you wish to burn into Toast until the BD disc is full. (This works with DVDs as well). And BURN.

The BD disk (or DVD) will playback in any BD Player. NO MENUS or Navigation of course; just the contents of the BD disc.
    Personally, that's all I need, I'm not fussed over menus.

HANDBRAKE will convert your AVCHD files to an MP4 or MKV file.

I hope that's of interest.
    Quote Quote