VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Just a quick question I need advise for.
    My Finder's burn folder aborts burning every DVD+R DL every time but third party software burns same type disc just fine. Anyone seen this issue and have a solution? Mac mini running OS X 10.11.2 (15C50). Please see attached two screen grabs.

My screen grabs show test using a Ritek DL disc, but I'm currently using Verbatim #950xx DVD+R for my data backups with 100% success rate. These work great in Finders burn folder and also third party software. I want to be able to burn DVD+R DL directly with Finder and bypass third party software as I see no real advantages there for basic data backup at this point.

Thanks.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-04-25 at 10.24.20 PM.png
Views:	283
Size:	136.3 KB
ID:	36780Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-04-25 at 10.03.35 PM.png
Views:	295
Size:	115.1 KB
ID:	36781
    Last edited by Richard Kasika; 26th Apr 2016 at 08:58. Reason: Highlighting media brand's I use
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried other brands of DL disc, specifically Verbatim DL? That's the only DL disc I use, and with 100% success.
    http://www.meritline.com/verbatim-8x-dl-dvd-plus-r-double-layer-branded-95310---p-18474.aspx
    They are available many places online worldwide.

It may be your Finder software doesn't have the correct write strategy for the Ritek DL discs.
    And most here wouldn't recommend using them anyway.

But some of our Mac experts here may have some better ideas.

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thank you redwudz;
    Yes, I'm new here. And thank you for your recommendations. I've also had amazing success with verbatim 4.7GB discs always, i should probably just stick with them for their 8.5GB discs also. Having ruled out the burner being the problem, it is likely that finder that can't compute the dual layer format.

But if anyone else has experienced this and knows a workaround, short of updating OSX, I'd be happy to try.

I had a Ritek handy that day, but I get the same result using even sony, imation DVD DL discs. I don't get Verbatims locally, and will look at meritline.com for pricing and shipping. I've been buying through B&H.com previously.
    Quote Quote