VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. We need a forum to trade our movies in. Anyone with me?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I like the idea, but there would definitely be copyright issues. My biggest concern would be this site getting shut down due to copyright infringement because I rely on this site for so much information. I don't think the trade off would be worth it with so many "other" movie resources out there.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Totally agree with you gambit32
    Quote Quote  
  4. Good point. I thought about the copyrite stuff. But really, I'm just interested in music videos and live concerts and such. it just sucks ass that i cant do that because of those Love heads that violate copyrite laws
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @noname

As I recall, musicvideos (the one's shown on MTV etc.) and Live concerts also fall under the same copyright laws.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: aldus4 on 2001-07-25 13:39:28 ]</font>
    Quote Quote  
  6. That is not to say that nothing would stop someone from starting a forum independent of here. As long as it was anonyomous and not tied to VCDhelp.com then I'm sure a lot of the newbies (and veterans) would be interested. I'm sure it would be helpful for those w/no IRC experience, no access to FTP dumps, or 0-day/sec files. It would also do away with problems associated w/peer to peer networks. The question is how would people "share" these files? Email is just not viable w/file attachment size limits. Who would host these movies? If there was a central server hosting these movies then you would be shut down fast. People could host their own movies on their own servers, but not everyone has the software or know-how. You could always have people scan and create pubs to post movies to, but anyone with any experience with pubs knows that they are up one day, down the next. So that brings us back to peer to peer networks, FTP dumps, and the IRC. If you know how to use them, they are the best option for most of the people that are into that type of stuff.
    As long as this site stays independent of the trading and is not affected or shutdown, who am I to say that this isn't a good idea?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm totally interested to see all these home movies and family reunions people are knocking themselves out to preserve onto compact discs. Maybe the next Spielberg is in our midst.
    Quote Quote  
  8. http://www.megagames.com has a pretty good trading board. the relaity is that the site would not be shut down because the site has done nothing wrong, though lawyers to prove that are expensive 0_o
    Quote Quote  
  9. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    No trading forum on this board.
    Quote Quote