VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hello, i recently went to a concert and had a soundcheck experience. i had a small recorder with me to record it all. when i listened to the files when i got home the quality was absolutely terrible. is there a way to reduce the noise and make his voice more crisp? i know it won't be 100%, but i'd at least like to know what he's saying. heres a small clip.

AUDIO WARNING: START AT YOUR LOWEST VOLUME SETTING THEN WORK YOUR WAY UP. THE AUDIO IS TERRIBLY LOUD
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1y-0lKTMjimDvk_DJrVEcnz1uRMB7CVXT

orig file is a .wav file
    Quote Quote  
  2. Throw it away.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    fifalwt91 Probably a breach of copyright but having said that there is no way you can improve it. To get good sound you need an output from the mixing desk not waving this or that bit of domestic recorder in the air above you. Chuck it...
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    For those who know what they're doing, in-audience concert recording (bootleg or not) can be a very high quality, natural experience. All depends on placement, method, equipment, settings, skill.

Didn't listen, but if jagabo says it's bad, it's bad. And if it's "bad", best you could improve it would be to "poor".

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Highly distorted, no balance between voice?? and what sounds like a highly distorted guitar?? chords. Nothing there to "improve" I've heard a bootleg acoustic recording of Dame Nellie Melba recorded from the flies above the stage that sounds better and that's from an Edison cylinder
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Way too much clipping. Basically your audio was recorded so loud that it just records the wav with amplitude peaks that are flat, as it can't go any higher. Normal audio should look like nice sine waves with rounded peaks. Maybe you've seen audio equipment with dB gauges and when it gets loud the gauge goes into the red. Well this audio would be in the red nearly nonstop. Nothing can really be done to help it. You can look at your audio in something like Audacity.

The photography equivalent would be like taking a picture of the sun. Without proper precautions you're just going to get an all white picture. No hope of getting any detail.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Garbage in, garbage out.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    Didn't listen
    You're missing out. It's hilarious.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by fifalwt91 View Post
    ... is there a way to reduce the noise and make his voice more crisp?....
    Next time, try a fabric band-aid over your microphone opening. And don't sit directly in front of the speakers.
    I've used this method successfully at auto drag races to keep from destroying my camcorder internal microphone from extreme noise levels.
    Quote Quote