VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi guys.

Today while trying to set up and load MCTemporalDenoise, while opening the script in MeGui (latest version), it froze and gave the following error: MeGUI encountered a fatal error and cannot proceed. Reason: External component has thrown an exception.

After closing down the program, it won't even start anymore, throws the same error. I unzipped and overwrote the whole program again, still the same thing. I cannot even start it anymore!

What's going on here?
    Quote Quote  
  2. reboot computer, unzip to different directory and try again
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Good idea, but no luck. What I also tried is to run an older version and update from there, to download the components again, and then it crashes in the process and gives the same error...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Does the error only occur with a MCTD script ? When it's downloading components ?

What about testing different script or source? Even a simple script like colorbars() ?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    nope, I cannot even load MeGUI anymore, the error comes after trying to run MeGui.exe

Since the error is related to an external component, it must be something MeGUI is relating to while loading. I also noticed it crashed while downloading the updates connected to avisynth, but not sure about it. I tried to reinstall avisynth, just in case, but it didn't help.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I have no idea. Did you mean even an older version no longer starts ?

Maybe some anitvirus software /security suite causing problems ? Did you do any system updates or things like that recently ? I think megui runs on "dot net"

When was the last time megui "worked" normally for you ?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Older versions start, but until they start to update the components. Then at some point while updating, something causes the error. But initially it appearead while I tried to load a script with MCTD enabled, but I hadn't installed all the filters that MCTD requires, so it crashed and somehow affected MeGui also.

Too late today, I will try different options tomorrow.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Empty out any plugins or scripts you have in the Avisynth auto-loading plugins folder and then try opening MeGUI, especially if you added any new avsi scripts.

I put a note at the top of a script the other day but forgot to comment it out like this

# Comment at top of script

and that was enough to prevent MeGUI from running.

If that doesn't help, try opening a script with another program such as AvsPmod or VirtualDub to see if they have problems. Chances are they'll report an error, but won't insist on shutting themselves down as MeGUI does.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks hello_hello, it worked! Had to remove some avsi scripts and everything's ok again. Nice to know.
    Quote Quote