VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I have an ATi TV Wonder pro TV tuner and video capture card. The ati software that came with and downloaded from ati site don't work at all. So I use either windows media encoder or adobe flash media encoder which are both freeware. They both work well with my card. They probably work just as well with other tv/video capture cards too. By the way something that is cool is that you can play video games on your computer by hooking it the audio video cords to your tv/video capture card and viewing through above programs!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    By the way since I am transferring video tapes video to my computer, there is interference at the top and bottom. These programs have a way to crop the interference out without losing critical parts of the picture. All I do is set 20 on top and bottom crop fields.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you crop top and bottom only, the picture will get distorted. You will have to crop sides also.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That can't be true. I don't have any distortion in the output I got. How much distortion do you mean anyways? If I crop the sides then I would be cutting out the side parts of the video where the video was not distorted to begin with.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I believe he means if you were to author the video to DVD. The interference you see assuming its only a small thin line on any side the video resides in the overscan area and won't be viewable on a a normal TV if you authored the video to DVD. If you have no intention of ever putting this on DVD or viewing it on a TV stick with what you're doing however if you want to author these to disc the proper way to do it is mask the area with black. This will maintain the correct aspect and prevent any interlacing issues.

Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Oh okay. Thanks for your replies.
    Quote Quote