VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Do any action games play on Vista? I installed "The Cronicles of Riddick" on my Vista computer and it wouldn't run. What games do you know that will run on Vista? I mostly like to play single player first person shooters fyi.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Thanks. I see Riddick is not on the list. I installed Riddick and a new 7600GS Nvida video card on my windowsXP computer and now it says I need an "openGL" video disply device but I know the card supports that and I installed the latest drivers for the card, oh well.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Remove Vista and install Windows XP, it works for me.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Bob W
    Do any action games play on Vista? I installed "The Cronicles of Riddick" on my Vista computer and it wouldn't run. What games do you know that will run on Vista? I mostly like to play single player first person shooters fyi.

Riddick works on Vista with a patch.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    For a number of programs and games, you can also try running them in 'compatibility mode.' Right-click on a shortcut, click the Compatibility tab, and there should be a number of options that might help when attempting to run programs under Vista (if they don't run or have problems).

But, yes... do check the manufacturer's websites, as they might have patches available to help the games run better under Vista, without having to worry about the Compatability mode settings.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Any game made in the last year or so should work just fine. I believe all GAMES FOR WINDOWS now work for VISTA.

Mind you HALO 2 was the first VISTA only big name game if memory serves.

Yes as others mentioned try compatiblity mode or look for a vista patch at the game website - but only trust the publishers website. I don't think I'd trust my pc to a homemade hack just to play a game.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Steam games work fine on my system
    Quote Quote