VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello! I am new to the forum and have been reading for the last day or so to find an answer for this.

I am trying to decrypt some videos from a sports subscription site (not sure if I'm allowed to mention the name) and I note from Baldrick's sticky at the top of this forum that I cannot share a direct link here to a video from a subscription service, so that's why I've not done that either.

I've used YT-DL before and FFMPEG, so I've managed to find the video using the 'network' tab on the dev tools option in Chrome, then downloaded it via YT-DL using "-allow-unplayable-formats" and it worked, it downloaded the mp4 video file and the accompanying m4a audio file (I think my config file has it specific to best audio and video anyway but I can't remember). I am now looking for the key, the site in question uses WIDEVINE according to the playback info from dev tool

"https://api.playback.indazn.com/v5/Playback?AssetId=aupey7957nbh1wb4lxu9v7ito&PlayerI d=test&DrmType=WIDEVINE&Platform=web&Format=MPEG-DASH&LanguageCode=en&Model=BROWSER&Secure=true&Lat itude=null&Longitude=null&Manufacturer=unknown&Pla yReadyInitiator=false&MtaLanguageCode=en&AppVersio n=9.18.0"

I'm not having much luck locating anything that resembles a key (at least not when searching directly in the network tab itself), this is a 6 part doc that I'd love to grab all parts of and i've never found it on any of the sports tracker sites i'm on, so getting it myself is the only way to do it. Plus this is some knowledge I'd love to have going forwards anyway! Happy to learn and invest the time in the process so not looking for a quick out if that makes a difference.

If I've included too little or too much detail here then please let me know and i'll revise the post.

Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm not having much luck locating anything that resembles a key (at least not when searching directly in the network tab itself)
    Try searching within the network tools area for pssh and License URL. Once completed, please use the search feature at the top of this site in order to determine how to convert these items into a decryption key.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by hansmellman View Post
    Hello! I am new to the forum and have been reading for the last day or so to find an answer for this.

I am trying to decrypt some videos from a sports subscription site (not sure if I'm allowed to mention the name) and I note from Baldrick's sticky at the top of this forum that I cannot share a direct link here to a video from a subscription service, so that's why I've not done that either.

I've used YT-DL before and FFMPEG, so I've managed to find the video using the 'network' tab on the dev tools option in Chrome, then downloaded it via YT-DL using "-allow-unplayable-formats" and it worked, it downloaded the mp4 video file and the accompanying m4a audio file (I think my config file has it specific to best audio and video anyway but I can't remember). I am now looking for the key, the site in question uses WIDEVINE according to the playback info from dev tool

"https://api.playback.indazn.com/v5/Playback?AssetId=aupey7957nbh1wb4lxu9v7ito&PlayerI d=test&DrmType=WIDEVINE&Platform=web&Format=MPEG-DASH&LanguageCode=en&Model=BROWSER&Secure=true&Lat itude=null&Longitude=null&Manufacturer=unknown&Pla yReadyInitiator=false&MtaLanguageCode=en&AppVersio n=9.18.0"

I'm not having much luck locating anything that resembles a key (at least not when searching directly in the network tab itself), this is a 6 part doc that I'd love to grab all parts of and i've never found it on any of the sports tracker sites i'm on, so getting it myself is the only way to do it. Plus this is some knowledge I'd love to have going forwards anyway! Happy to learn and invest the time in the process so not looking for a quick out if that makes a difference.

If I've included too little or too much detail here then please let me know and i'll revise the post.

Cheers
    Hi,
    Have you had your l3 cdm dumped? or have access to getwckey? that is required to decrypt the code that jack_666 mentioned.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by jack_666 View Post
    I'm not having much luck locating anything that resembles a key (at least not when searching directly in the network tab itself)
    Try searching within the network tools area for pssh and License URL. Once completed, please use the search feature at the top of this site in order to determine how to convert these items into a decryption key.
    Thanks for the response Jack, I'll do that now and see how I get on.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by gadumuc View Post
    Originally Posted by hansmellman View Post
    Hello! I am new to the forum and have been reading for the last day or so to find an answer for this.

Cheers
    Hi,
    Have you had your l3 cdm dumped? or have access to getwckey? that is required to decrypt the code that jack_666 mentioned.
    Thanks for the response mate, I have not had my l3 CDM dumped. I've applied for access to getwvkeys via the Discord and waiting to hear back. I've managed to have some success with this request now thanks to someones help.
    Quote Quote