VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am experiencing some problem while playing a avi file in vlc player.As i drag the seek bar the video freezes after a certain duration.I extracted the video from a few rar files.Please advice.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Use gspot to determine internal information .

As these where created via rar archival set ... the problem come's down to bad parting method .
    It dosent alway's happen ... but it's a bad method to use in the first place .

Make sure the tool used to unrar the set is using the up to date unrar.dll from winrar ... or problem's can appear .

Better practice is to split the avi via the use of vdub , into multiple segment's and share it this way ... using any form of compression is almost useless , and can infact cause problem's later .

The basic problem is to do with seek control , which has been damaged / corrupted via the method of archiving used .
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the advice.

The file was a result of 15 rar files which had a password and i am using winrar and in the testing mode all the files are reported to be ok.But when i unrar it says wrong password.Please advice.

Thanks again
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If it's the wrong password can you not ask the person you received the files from for the correct password?
    He's a liar and a murderer, and I say that with all due respect.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thats where the problem lies .

If the password is not available , I can only point you to use a password cracking type tool ...

There's a few of these program's around the net , but they will take time , unless you know some of the variable's used in the password .

The last one I used cost $30 , brilliant , but while I had some of the variable's and exact length , it took multiple pass's and 3 hour's to pull the content out ... that'll teach me not to write the password down correctly ... never write anything important on paper ... when you own a 4 legged shredder ... my dog .

There used to be one or more free one's , but I dont think they have been updated since 1992 ... and if changes in unrar.dll have been made since then ... they'll fail .

=======

Funny thing is I used to do that crap all the time before ... I might have a sticky at that with some of the tool's I use .
    Quote Quote