VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, I'm attempting to make a DeSpecialized version of THX-1138 using the BD and 1995 Japan laserdisc. I've had good luck ripping via FAB. But this time when I rip the main movie, I'm only getting audio (with four tracks), yet the frame size says 720x480 which in itself is weird as it's a bd, not a dvd. So I used the Ripper tab, not Copy tab. I ripped both AVI and TS options (wasn't sure which one gives better quality). Both files were about the same (11.8g and 12.1g) with a frame rate of 1916x816. Yet the size of the main movie (.m2ts avchd) is 16.4g....but no video. Anyone else have an issue like this? Which file is better to use as my source?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    are you using the latest version of dvdfab ?? and have you tried full disc or clone mode ??
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    are you using the latest version of dvdfab ?? and have you tried full disc or clone mode ??
    I'm not sure if it's the latest version. FAB stopped working in the US for ripping BD's, so I think I have a European version. But yes, I have ripped the full movie, but not clone mode yet. The full movie also was only audio. I don't want an .iso file as I won't be burning.

What's also weird is I did rip and burn this (main movie). And since there is no encryption on the disc, I opened the file and dragged it on my hard drive. That file also only has audio. I haven't ripped tons of bd's, but this is the first time I've ran across this.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Dvdfab still rips bluray disc's although you need to have v 10 of dvdfab
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Looks like I have version 9.1.8.8. I've tried ripping Customize, Main Movie, Full Disc, Clone/Burn. all give me a .m2ts file with a frame W of 720 and H of 480, and no picture. Remember I don't want to burn the ripped file. I want to drop it in Vegas for my project. So far the only method I've got video (hd size) is by using the Ripper tab, not Copy tab. And I've ripped the other Star Wars bd's using Copy mode.

The only mode I could get to work in the Copy tab section, was if I select BD5 720P. But that only give a frame ratio of 1280x720. No other output modes end up with picture in the file, only audio.

**Update** I just installed version 10.0.6.0, same issue. .m2ts file is only 720x480, with no picture, only audio (when using Copy mode).
    Last edited by clashradio; 21st Sep 2017 at 19:31.
    Quote Quote